‘71 340 Duster Front Drum to Disk with Factory 14” Rallye Wheels - Problems

-
Real Rally wheels that are OEM will have the pentastar by the valve stem stamped as well as date code and where they were made

You confirmed 14x6 so those are definitely aftermarket wheels.

Factory SBP rally wheels were only made in 14x5.5"

doesn't matter what your broadcast sheet says, the wheels on your car are aftermarket.

how or why would a vendor swap his now used and ground on brakes for something else.

You confirmed 14x6 so those are definitely aftermarket wheels.

Factory SBP rally wheels were only made in 14x5.5"

doesn't matter what your broadcast sheet says, the wheels on your car are aftermarket.

how or why would a vendor swap his now used and ground on brakes for something else.

I don’t know that Cass will, and I totally understand if he won’t.

But as I pointed out already, there’s only 1 kit that Cass sells that will fit 15’s, and it’s the stage 2 kit. Which mean the OP would keep his “ground on” calipers, and only the mounted but unused rotors and caliper brackets would need to be exchanged. Cass might not because they’ve been installed, which I would totally understand. But those parts are still just installed new, so, worth an ask IMO.

And if not I’m sure someone here might be willing to buy them.

Does anyone know where I can get used 14x5.5 5x4 factory Rallye wheels? The 15x6 5x4 wheels are all on backorder.

Does anyone know where I can get used 14x5.5 5x4 factory Rallye wheels? The 15x6 5x4 wheels are all on backorder.

You could try putting up a "want ad" in the classifieds here, probably as good a shot as any. Otherwise you'll just be looking on eBay, marketplace, craigslist etc.

Keep in mind that you might not get good usable rims that way either, they're pretty old at this point so you could easily get bent rims. The cop rims I ran on my Duster were original, and one of them in particular was pretty out of whack. And those are pretty heavy rims to begin with. But guys are definitely upgrading from the 14" wheels because of tire availability, so I would think you could find some out there.

I have located (4) Wheel Vintiques 61 Series Chrysler Rallye Silver Wheels 61-565404. These are 15x6, 5x4 BP, 4.0 BS. Can anyone tell be what aftermarket trim rings fit this wheel without trimming? Most I have seen are specifically for 15x6.5/15x7 wheels and require trimming. Thanks!

Might be wrong as this is what I have on all four corners of my 71 duster. I was fortunate to have factory trim rings that are 15 x 2 3/4 if my memory serves me. These are the brushed finish. I thought the polished style were available from regular sources ie classic industries, sumit racing.

20240113_100810.jpg

Your welcome. I think your cheapest route would be to find a pair of factory 14" sbp rallys as you already have the trim and rubber for them. Gotta be some floating around out west ?

Your welcome. I think your cheapest route would be to find a pair of factory 14" sbp rallys as you already have the trim and rubber for them. Gotta be some floating around out west ?
Yes, that’s my first option but Cass at DoctorDiff is not sure they will clear the caliper he has supplied. He is going to verify that.

I just noticed this, but, you're not measuring that backspace correctly. Backspace is measured from the outside lip to the wheel mounting surface, not from the shoulder where the tire mounts. The backspace on those wheels is probably 4.25".

How wide are those rims? Are you sure they're factory? Because I don't think any of the factory 14" SBP rallye's would have 4" of backspace, let alone 4.25". The widest factory SBP rallye's would be 14x5.5, and they wouldn't have a 4" backspace.

A 15" wheel should solve the issue based on where your contact is, yes.
yeah, my factory SBP rallyes are 5.5" wide (6.5" overall width) measured outside lip to outside lip) and have 3.75" backspace (measured from the outside lip)

i'll throw another log on the fire: does that rotor look weird to anybody else? like the snout of it is way long? maybe there's a manufacturing defect and it was cast incorrectly and the face of the rotor is supposed to be 1/2" further out?

but a +1 to aftermarket wheels maybe playing a role, and another +1 to tolerance stack and giving the caliper brackets the ol' loosey-goosey and a shimmy shake before taking a soft wheel to them.
SBP wheels have a smaller diameter register, looks like these were either cast or machined down to the smaller register. looks to be the same size snout as my '76 front drums.

-
Back