‘73 Ventless Glass swap into ‘68 Dart

-

TX9

Reaction score
Hello FABO! Hope this is the correct forum. I sold a rusty ‘73 Scamp and am considering buying a ‘68 Dart 2 door- I love the square body Darts don’t love vent window that wrecks the clean all windows down hardtop ‘flow’ of ‘73-5 my question here is has anybody ever swapped in the one piece glass from a ‘73-75 Swinger / Scamp into a ‘67-‘69 Dart?! If this is possible I’d be over the moon thrilled!!! May also need the window glass assembly inside door panel to carry heavy single glass vs vent style. Any / all swap details / pics greatly appreciated!

Probably the reverse of what I did. Doors, weather strip channel, a pillar trim (can be made to work though), rear plastic trim to match the upper of the doors, trim on the quarter glass was different. If you're game for hacking stuff up can probably use all the later guts in the early door shells.

Never done it, personally I like the vent windows.
But I think you'd be better off switching the whole door- it will have all the right tracks, mechanisms and mounting points already in place.

Yes, would be tough to change the glass into a 67-72 door, best to use the whole door, but then you would have the plastic upper door frames which I hate, maybe you like them?

Yes, would be tough to change the glass into a 67-72 door, best to use the whole door, but then you would have the plastic upper door frames which I hate, maybe you like them?
I just like exterior clean all windows down hardtop look- always wished ‘68-‘70 B Bodies had Vent Window Delete!

-
Back