09+ Challenger TR-6060 six speed mate to 03-08 5.7?

-

dart360swinger

Boosted
Reaction score
Do all gen III 5.7's share the same bell housing bolt pattern?

I've found a really good deal on 2012 Challenger 6 speeds, but i'd also like to use an early 5.7 when I do the swap. I'm leaning towards carbureting the engine and the early engines are cheaper to buy and easier to hard parts swap.

Thanks
Jake

Keep in mind that a TR6060 won't have the slip yoke. You'll need to have a custom driveshaft if you run a solid axle. You will also need a retro fit shifter from a company like Core.
That being said... awesome transmission!

Yep, nice transmission. Get a CORE shifter and you'll need the Driveshaft Shop CV style driveshaft. It also doesn't have a speedo output of any kind so you'll need to address that. I put magnets on the driveshaft adapter and picked up the signal with a universal cruise control sender. Then conditioned it with a junkyard vss buffer module from a GM car and fed the signal to an Autometer speedo.

Hey Jake, I've done the swap that you are talking about (2010 6spd challenger box to 2007 5.7). Everything stated above is correct, I ditched the remote linkage shifter and bought a CORE shifter to bolt in to the top. You also need a custom driveshaft with an adaptor to join the driveshaft to the back of the transmission. If you can get it cheap enough I'd say go for it, if it's on par with a T56 Magnum I'd say go that as they come with a few different options for speedo drives, and have a slip yoke. You'll just need the pilot bearing for the input shaft of the new transmission and pull the old one out of the back of the crank if it was an automatic tranny on your engine.

CarUpdate_00025_zps655144c6.jpg

Adaptor for driveshaft/tranny

bearing_zpspxnfnz7m.jpg

Removal of old

PA020083_zpsq5mjd2a1.jpg

New pilot bearing for TR6060

IMG_1267_zpstdjo0jpm.jpg

Also remember these clutch slave cylinders are a self bleed system (no bleed nipple) can take a while to get the air out from my experience
I'm probably telling you stuff you already know though.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hey Jake, I've done the swap that you are talking about (2010 6spd challenger box to 2007 5.7). Everything stated above is correct, I ditched the remote linkage shifter and bought a CORE shifter to bolt in to the top. You also need a custom driveshaft with an adaptor to join the driveshaft to the back of the transmission. If you can get it cheap enough I'd say go for it, if it's on par with a T56 Magnum I'd say go that as they come with a few different options for speedo drives, and have a slip yoke. You'll just need the pilot bearing for the input shaft of the new transmission and pull the old one out of the back of the crank if it was an automatic tranny on your engine.

View attachment 1714985937

View attachment 1714985941
Removal of old

View attachment 1714985942

View attachment 1714985938

Also remember these clutch slave cylinders are a self bleed system (no bleed nipple) can take a while to get the air out from my experience

Good luck.
. what clutch master did you use?

. what clutch master did you use?
Sorry Jake didn't see your post. I used the factory clutch master cylinder from the Challenger BUT it was a bit of a pain to setup in terms of mounting it, you'd probably be better off going with something from Wilwood or McLeod which is more suited for what we are doing in terms of mounting. The challenger fittings also seem to baffle most shops when I took it to them and even now I'm not 100% sure its the true correct fit but its pretty close and no leaks or issues with it working.

photo 4.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry Jake didn't see your post. I used the factory clutch master cylinder from the Challenger BUT it was a bit of a pain to setup in terms of mounting it, you'd probably be better off going with something from Wilwood or McLeod which is more suited for what we are doing in terms of mounting. The challenger fittings also seem to baffle most shops when I took it to them and even now I'm not 100% sure its the true correct fit but its pretty close and no leaks or issues with it working.

View attachment 1715056203
I used the factory master as well but it takes a little fabrication to make it work with stock pedals.
20161126_114949.jpg
20161123_145519.jpg

great guys thank you. i just received my tr6060 today. hopefully sooner then later i can start mocking it all up.

View attachment 1714985937

View attachment 1714985941
Removal of old

View attachment 1714985942

View attachment 1714985938

Good luck.
I'm doing something similar with the same year transmission in my Dakota, but I have been stuck on the driveshaft issue. Did you have this adapter specially built for you, or is this something that is on the market and can be purchased? Nice work!

I will have a manual flywheel for sale out of a 2014 Challenger...

Last edited:
I'm doing something similar with the same year transmission in my Dakota, but I have been stuck on the driveshaft issue. Did you have this adapter specially built for you, or is this something that is on the market and can be purchased? Nice work!
I would think any quality driveshaft shop can fix you up... look for a business that deals with heavy trucks as they deal with custom projects everyday.
http://azdriveshaft.com

Yeah custom made up by the driveshaft shop i went too.

-
Back