1/2" fuel line install

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I am starting my fuel system.Could someone show pictures of a 1/2" fuel line installed with fenderwell headers.For nhra the fuel line has to run on the outside frame rail.How far do it have to come up the feame rail. All answers will be greatful.Thanks Mark

Don't know where your getting that, the 2011 rule book says all fuel tanks, lines pumps, valves etc must be outside of the drivers compartment and within the confines of the frame and or steel body.

Don't know where your getting that, the 2011 rule book says all fuel tanks, lines pumps, valves etc must be outside of the drivers compartment and within the confines of the frame and or steel body.
I got it from nhra techs when I was testing my car at maple grove.But I didn,t have fenderwell headers at the time So I am wondering how are the fuel lines run with fenderwell headers. Mark

You need to get a rule book cause the tech who told you that is full of it.

I have one and still they argue the point/When I go to the track this spring I don,t want any problems.So if I can see how the people are running there fuel lines with fender well headers I can approach it better. Mark

I would say it just has to go past the bellhousing or the front of the auto trans to avoid any trans explosions. Whether it is in the rule book or not, I think it makes sense. You could even run it on the outside of the frame all the way to the front and then back on the inner fender. I believe a fellow that is known for his tune ups, says that is the best way to do it anyway. My 2 cents.

email nhra, you will get an answer from corporate. Print that reply, and shove it up the track tech's.....

You just have to run it through a piece of steel tubing (.120 wall) where it passes the bell housing. The jerk should of told you that. Read the rule book it's all in there, and if they give you grief show it to them.

I ran mine along side the frame(3/8)and up alongside the frame in the engine compartment.(with fenderwells)Mind you,my car has only run in the 10,s,not faster than 9.99.I,m switching to 1/2 inch braided with a sump in my tank and electric fuelpump now.

You just have to run it through a piece of steel tubing (.120 wall) where it passes the bell housing. The jerk should of told you that. Read the rule book it's all in there, and if they give you grief show it to them.
Thanks guys for the help.I am going to run mine through a piece of round tubing there it is needed.Thanks Mark

-
Back