1/4 mile times

-

a-bodytom

Reaction score
ok my duster is spinin off the line bad i could not launch at all my best time out of 5 runs was a 13.7 at 102 mph if i could get grip what u think it would run i thought the 360 i bult was a little stronger then that its got fuly ported magnum heads with 9.81 comp. 474 lift cam 218 228 dur @ 50

My dart was running 12.9 at 103 with a 1.79 60' on SS springs. So I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.0 to 13.1? Depending on conditions of course.

ya but evey time i got better times the mph was was goin up i went from 100mph to 102 so i thik its got another 2 in it ya know i was launchin a idle

I would bring rpms up and not launch at idle. What gears you using out back ?

A good set of gears and some stickier tires could poss put you in the high 12's

-RPM

I dont disagree. Considering traction issue, good run. Tough to get traction. I just raced my Duster yesterday for the 1st time.. Same problem, could get NO traction on street radials (BFG 255 60 15) my 60' times were bad, worst was 2.62.but that run I had a 106mph trap speed. Best ET I could do was 13.89 in 3 runs. The 1st run I ended early though at the 1000' mark..The 3rd, and last run I went right from 2nd gear into neutral LOL..but both of those runs I went 13's go figure.
Hoping to get advice in the racers forum where I posted

This is not for everyone but gave up on wheel spin off the line in my cuda after trying multiple drag radials so this has helped in my setup. Rigged up a second shift light that is set to flash at 2800rpm(setups will very depending on stall,etc). Launch at idle instantly going to about 3/4 throttle right at traction breaking point(will have to test to find sweet spot or you will just ignite tires farther down the track) then nail it when first shift light comes on(takes about 2/10 ths for me). Feels weird at first walking a car off the line but this has helped me lower 60' times,cut overall time by .35 sec.( in 1/8th mile) & become more consistant.

Oldschoolcuda

A pair of 26 inch slicks on some old rims will get your 60 ft. down and no more wheel spin.My 2 cents!

A pair of 26 inch slicks on some old rims will get your 60 ft. down and no more wheel spin.My 2 cents!

Thats what I was hoping to hear myself. My interior is too close to stock appearing to rig up like an all out race car. Im tempted to try a pair of drag radials and play around with tire pressures. Opinions on drag radials anyone?? I've had people tell me they are incredible, and at the track yesterday a guy told me "good for about only 3 tenths."

well i have 376 gears a 25 in tall tire and bfg street tirs with an open rear with a pinon snumber i nead a sure grip with an drag slik

-
Back