1 7/8 "TTi Headers in a early A Body

-

scotty1966

Reaction score
Anyone try it ? I know I can get the 1 7/8 fenderwell headers for the early A . I have a 66Valiant and a very nasty Hi rpm small block for it with 360-1 heads. I had a set of the 67 up 1 7/8" headers years ago with my 67 Valiant . I was wondering if they may fit with a few mods . I will probably do away with the torsion bars and go coil overs to make more room . just wonder if anyone has tried it .. Has to be 1 7/8" primary no smaller . Thanks

I don't know who is still making fenderwell headers for a small block early A-body. (I think you can still get bbm fenderwell swap headers).I think I looked a while back, and couldn't find any new ones.
I would maybe call TTI, see what they say. Maybe get a set uncoated, so they can be fiddled with to fit.

I don't know who is still making fenderwell headers for a small block early A-body. (I think you can still get bbm fenderwell swap headers).I think I looked a while back, and couldn't find any new ones.
I would maybe call TTI, see what they say. Maybe get a set uncoated, so they can be fiddled with to fit.
I can get the hedmans in 1 7/8 in a fenderwell . I would rather have a under chassis in that size . If I have to I will fab them . I have already done 2 different sets in 1 7/8 for other vehicles . Just not in the mood this time ..

tti makes a header for the early a. not sure on the tube size though.

losing the t-bars may help 67-up headers fit. gonna be tight.

tti makes a header for the early a. not sure on the tube size though.

losing the t-bars may help 67-up headers fit. gonna be tight.
I know they make them for the early A ,but they are small tube . Ok for a mild motor . I'm just fishing for anyone who tried them on a pre 67 to see if it worked out .

Just Pulled the trigger on the Hedmans .. #75110 1 7/8 primary tube fenderwells .. FYI if you need them Summit and Jegs will tell you they are unavailable . Not so ! You have to get them from Hedman and they will make them for you . I talked to them and they said the header was dormant for 5-7 years ,then everyone wanted to replace theirs that were worn out ,so they started making them per order .. :thumbsup:

Anyone try it ? I know I can get the 1 7/8 fenderwell headers for the early A . I have a 66Valiant and a very nasty Hi rpm small block for it with 360-1 heads. I had a set of the 67 up 1 7/8" headers years ago with my 67 Valiant . I was wondering if they may fit with a few mods . I will probably do away with the torsion bars and go coil overs to make more room . just wonder if anyone has tried it .. Has to be 1 7/8" primary no smaller . Thanks

my brother has a 66 Dart with the smaller tube TTI headers .
They are an ultra pain in the rear to install
I would imagine with Indy heads ( think they are physically bigger)…any header would be fun to install unless you hack the car up

my brother has a 66 Dart with the smaller tube TTI headers .
They are an ultra pain in the rear to install
I would imagine with Indy heads ( think they are physically bigger)…any header would be fun to install unless you hack the car up
I know the tti headers are a PIA . But they are nice when clearanced and installed. I always buy them raw ,then coat them after dimpling and break in . I did them on my 67 valiant .

I know the tti headers are a PIA . But they are nice when clearanced and installed. I always buy them raw ,then coat them after dimpling and break in . I did them on my 67 valiant .

67 up A body is completely different animal than 66 and back

-
Back