1 bbl HOLLEY CARB PARTS HELP!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Dont know much about carbs but i know i need to get these parts. 1. The float and 2. the plastic little maroon lever piece. dont know what its called. The guy at the carburetor place said i'd have to buy a whole new core, but was hoping i can just find these parts for cheap as i've recently had this rebuilt. Thanks. 1st 2 pics show parts i need.
-andy (72 valiant slant 6 225)
photo4-4_zps782383f8.jpg

photo5-3_zpsf553fcb9.jpg

photo1-2_zpscfe0399a.jpg

photo2-3_zps20f17193.jpg

photo3-3_zps9656735c.jpg

I know you want only those parts but I have a Holley 1 bbl in the mechanical for sale section but I don't want to split it because it's a complete carb that works freely. It might be better than what you have. Let me know.

Those core carbs are pretty cheap, the float is still available through NAPA, GP Sorenson 779-1765 or NAPA CRB2471. As for the lever, that is gonna be tough. You may be able to make that lever out of thin sheet metal, it only moves a piston in that bore.

part name mechanical vent operating lever # 63R-537 [ old Holley part number] Check E-bay or somebody might have one in a parts carb

I have a holley off a 68 valiant auto, that I could not free the throttle shaft on.
I could let you have the entire carb for basically shipping prices.
PM me.

Also welcome, I see this is our first post.

It might be a better solution to find a good rebuildable core as mentioned above. I have one or two of them.

yea, of all the holley 1920 diagrams i found, i could not find one with THAT lever. seems pretty rare.
question for you guys, can i run a different core (that doesn't utilize that lever) in THIS carb? without other modifications?
no luck with that part number yet HOTSTUFF1
SIRELAND67 -does your carb have the same core with the same lever as me?

The few I've seen have that lever, although I think they are usually yellow? I'll have to go look. Can that lever even be removed? I don't remember.

Which part are you referring to as the core? I think most consider the entire carb as a core part, so if you interchange a different carb with that one you shouldn't have any problems. The interior piece (don't remember the actual name), I think, uses the same template from year to year, so you should be good there, too.

I have a float that I think is good sitting around if you need it.

I just ordered parts from this link, this guy also has youtube videos showing you how to rebuld them....hopefully this helps

Site Link
http://www.carburetor-parts.com/

Video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-htTHAkBvc"]Holley 1920 Carburetor Rebuild Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back