1 Of 53 Barracuda 383 4 Speed Notchback 4 Trade

-

jonsdart

JONS DART
Reaction score
JUST TO CLARIFY RIGHT OFF THE BAT! I know what this car is and how rare and hard to find it is. This is just a..... whats my potential? This car is a second owner CA car. Barracuda 383S with factory 4 speed, factory disc brakes, straight body, nickel size rust at 2 spots at the bottom corners of the rear window. Original paint, but needs a paint job. All numbers are matching on everything, this car still has the original spare tire on the rim in the trunk. Engine is out and in the process of being freshened up.. new timing chain etc...., Every part is there! Now.... I may be looking to trade (and before anyone says... i'm an idiot, cause I already know that, but there are special circumstances that may require this). What im kind of looking for is something that is already complete and running good, with nice paint/interior. A complete car if you will. The catch is the trade is for a complete not so rare car for a very rare needs to be finished car. I'm in a position that may not allow me to finish, this is the only reason im even writing this. Soooo.... let me know what kind of cars people are willing to trade for. Like I said, this is just a What if case that may turn into an... ok lets do this case. Thanks for your time.

Before you get rid of the car, would you be willing to take a bunch of digital pictures of the car for a couple of reasons, 1 -easer to see what you are dealing with, and 2- document the car for future restorations... It is so nice when you can find a reference library of images to refer to when completing a restoration.

On duty today and tomorrow, I have pictures from when the car was brand new, exterior, interior, and engine bay. When I get home I will try my hand at posting current pics along with it new.

On duty today and tomorrow, I have pictures from when the car was brand new, exterior, interior, and engine bay. When I get home I will try my hand at posting current pics along with it new.

That would be awesome. It would really help others in the hobby. And add a little extra something to your car.

A guy in Camarillo, CA on the Barracuda Owners Group list BOG sold a white on black 68 383-S 4spd coupe about a year ago. A really nicely done detailed restored to stock car that he said had low miles and good condtion to start. I think it was on ebay too. IIRC, it went for between $30-40K.

-
Back