10" brakes....13" wheels

-

furydan

not so junior member
Reaction score
I was recently given some 13" steel sbp wheels with really nice tires on them. I was thinking I could use them as burnout tires this summer...Will the 13" wheels fit with my 10" drum brakes. I currently have 14" cragars and would replace the rears with the 13" wheels for the burnouts I plan on doing. That way I wouldn't ruin my good tires on the cragars..
Thoughts???

My 66 has 10" drum brakes and it came stock with SBP 13" wheels and tires, so it should work out for you.

cool...I dont know what else to do with the 13" wheels/tires. I am just about to install a rebuilt 8 3/4 with a set of 3:55 gears..I can't wait to see those little 13's smokin....

For what it's worth, I tried to put some 13" wheels on my stock '71 Swinger w/7.25 one time just to roll the car around and they would not fit over the drums.

If the 8 3/4, 10 inch drums have the "cooling flair", at the open part of the drum, the 13 inch wheels will not fit. However the flair can be cut off. I run steel SBP 13 x 8 wheels on my Cuda with a 10 brake 8 3/4.

-
Back