-
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmodlover

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Bought a slightly used flywheel, clutch cover and disc.
Upon closer inspection later, the disc is a 9 1/4"

I guess it will work ok behind a mild slant 6 but l would rather get a 10" disc.

Parts stores only sell complete kits nowadays.
Can't buy individual pieces like we used to.

I used a 10" HD slant six clutch kit behind my 225.
I bought it from Rockauto for just over $100.
It does require special pressure plate mounting bolts that I got from Brewers. $36 for 6.
You didn't specify if you have a 273 or /6 though.

It does require special pressure plate mounting bolts that I got from Brewers. $36 for 6.
Or Brewer Performance has a kit. You will need the correct pressure plate to go along with that 10" disc.

Slant 6. Sorry. Motor is more than stock but not a race motor. 30 over, super six intake, bowl smoothed, port match etc.
Supposedly the guy had it in a pickup.
Thanks for the input.

Slant 6. Sorry. Motor is more than stock but not a race motor. 30 over, super six intake, bowl smoothed, port match etc.
Supposedly the guy had it in a pickup.
Thanks for the input.
Sounds pretty much like the 225 in my Valiant. Rebuilt .040 over, Oregon regrind, milled head rebuilt with bowl work, gasket match. Have all the parts for a Super six conversion and split exhaust manifold but haven't put those on yet.

Ok that explains why you're looking for just a disc.

Yes.
I guess it is actually called 10 1/2".
From what l have found on the interweb, they want about as much for a full kit as they do for just the disc. May have to bite the bullet and go the whole kit way just to get what l need.
Thank you for your reply.

Your mailbox is full

I checked and do not have one. Sounds like a nice build. Here is a link for a disc only on ebay. The 10 in clutch and pressure plate was used on Dodge trucks from 76-up with the slant six and O/D manual transmissions. It also fits the 64-68 273's since they use the same pressure plate bolt pattern and 122 tooth ring gear flywheel, but the 273 flywheel is different than the /6 flywheels.

CP3082 Clutch Disc for Dodge B150 B250 W150 84-87 O.D.10", Spline.1", Teeth.23 | eBay

Last edited:
Bought a slightly used flywheel, clutch cover and disc.
Upon closer inspection later, the disc is a 9 1/4"

I guess it will work ok behind a mild slant 6 but l would rather get a 10" disc.

Parts stores only sell complete kits nowadays.
Can't buy individual pieces like we used to.
Give me a chance to poke around upstairs in the garage this afternoon. I might still have one.. I'll let you know this afternoon. I just sent you a personal message.

Last edited:
I checked and do not have one. Sounds like a nice build. Here is a link for a disc only on ebay. The 10 in clutch and pressure plate was used on Dodge trucks from 76-up with the slant six and O/D manual transmissions. It also fits the 64-68 273's since they use the same pressure plate bolt pattern and 122 tooth ring gear flywheel, but the 273 flywheel is different than the /6 flywheels.

CP3082 Clutch Disc for Dodge B150 B250 W150 84-87 O.D.10", Spline.1", Teeth.23 | eBay

Thank you ! ! !
I ordered it. Will be here next week.
I just needed some guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back