10 record holder slant worth?

-

madmax/6

Reaction score
My slant has 10 national slant 6 records.450 passes on same motor no tear downs.Best 10.56 @ 128 with 90 shot.Best all motor is 11.42 at about 115.Car is light and has more potential.Mental health is why I wont go further.Threw recieps away at $30.000.Whats Its Worth?in opinions.Curious.Guzzi Mark

i don't know but gotta be 25,000 for the baddest slant in the land!

Regardless of the costs (and you're a racer - so you know you're not doing it for return on investment) I think you would be hard pressed to get more than teens for it. A new racer, knowing it's got so many passes would probably freshen the motor anyway (and probably slow it down...lol) and finding a slant six racer is not easy. What chassis is it? Certified?
I totally get you on the mental health. I got out of cars totally for a while for the same reason...

Stock uni body,orig leaf springs and torsion bars.sub frame connectors.5 point rollbar.Nothing trick or real special.I did put a toyota rear steer rack in it for the weight saveings.Guzzi Mark

Let Petersens garage in LA house it for a while! There is also a museum in Costa Mesa fairgrounds. I think it would make a nice addition to either and rent is free! Im gonna cruise by another time and take a look at that Toyo rack!

It's been some years, but my buddy's multi-record holding Stock Eliminator car went for mid 20s. That was a pedigreed 71 Mustang Boss 351. I wish you luck, but I don't see a lot of material value in the car beyond a turn-key bracket race car. And I hope you don't take that as any cut on the hard work the records demand. It's not the car that earned them. You did though your dedication, diligence, and knowledge.

Mark I love ya buddy and one(of many) your biggest fan! I hate to see what you are going thru.. Food for thought.... Seymore gave his car away as in free. He had 30+ in it too.When I asked him why he said "If I tried to sell it I wouldn't get 5 grand",so why bother". OR the Slant community will do what happened to me..Not make even a offer. Even when I offered to part it out. Zero..I parked mine for 5 years,Everything you have done in such a short time is amazing.You have inspired more than you will ever know.
Sorry for the rant. In the end you do what you want or have to do. If you ever want to just talk or what ever, PM me and I will give you my number.Your Friend, Romeo

-
Back