10 year old Goodmark quarters

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick a pair of 10 year old good mark quarter panels. I was wondering if these are quality pieces or not? Any one have experience with these?

I hear that they weren't even close to the quality of AMD. But I'm no body man either. I think the issue was with the crispness of the body lines. I just bought 2 brand new in the box full Quarters from Hemidenny that he didn't need

I have a chance to pick a pair of 10 year old good mark quarter panels. I was wondering if these are quality pieces or not? Any one have experience with these?

spend the little extra cash and get the AMD's I have goodmark 1/4's on my 68 Dart and they were a MO FO to get right ( so I was told) lol.......

I just put Goodmark quarter skins on both sides of my Duster and they fit great and the body lines are crisp and nice.

All the Chevy guys swear by Goodmark. I have a Chevelle I am working on for a friend and it has Goodmark hood and fenders. If I didn't know it, I would swear they were original.

No expiration date on metal parts :) (kidding) fit and trim is what its all about...but if the price id right.....take a shot

we used goodmark for years before AMD came along! if the price is right go for it! BY THE BY whats the 1/4s for?

All the Chevy guys swear by Goodmark. I have a Chevelle I am working on for a friend and it has Goodmark hood and fenders. If I didn't know it, I would swear they were original.

That's because they used the original GM dies I beleve. So such luck with mopars.

I have a 73/74 Charger quarter that has both Goodmark and Sherman stickers on it. Not sure what the deal is with that, but I'd like to know.

The main body line is just fine, as is the wheel well arch and door jamb, but the "roll under", at the extreme bottom between the wheel and bumper/valence is a little "soft".

I've used both and the only difference that I've noticed were that the AMD parts needed a little less flange trimming than the Goodmark units, but they both needed a reasonable amount of adjustment, punching, drilling and cutting before I could install them.

The Goodmark panels that I put on the superbee had incorrect bumper relief areas that I had to move up about 1 1/2" to copy the originals.

All you need to do is keep the originals around to note any differences and cut/ adjust the new ones as needed. Every bodyman is going to give you different opinions, depending on their prior experiences.

Truth be told, they will work and if you can get them for cheap, do it and save the additional money for something else.

No matter what, you will be doing bodywork, welding, etc., on the car, so just get what you can for cheap.

I've made most of the patch panels that I've put into my restorations from scratch. It does not matter where the metal comes from. The quality of install and fit is what matters in the end and any stamped metal is going to give any bodyman an advantage over having to pound 18ga by hand. AMD still puts MADE IN TAIWAN stickers on their full quarters, just to give you an idea. They brag about weight, which can help in some ways, but that all depends on what you want. If you are a race car guy, that could be a bad thing.

-
Back