$100 BBP Abod Axels?

-
Actually, from the prices I have seen for them I'd say that's about half of what they should be selling for if they are Strange or Mosier axles.

that's exactly what i paid for a used set a couple years ago at Englishtown. I think it's a good price.

Are they redrilled factory a's or aftermarket?

Devil's Advocate here...

Why so cheap? Most people who have these don't "get ride of them" quite so cheap. Splines OK? Knurl splines in Lug holes Ok?

yea have you ever heard the saying if its too good to be true it probably is...I would further investigate these normally they sell for double that.

You can buy Yukon aftermarket axles (or Dr. Diff's own house brand axles) for ~$200.00 shipped brand new so I don't think $100.00 is so cheap it should send up red flags.
Even if they are re-drilled originals or re-splined C-body axles $100.00 is worth it and a small price to pay to have the convenience of the BBP.

Like anything else you buy used or even new make sure you check them over good.

yea have you ever heard the saying if its too good to be true it probably is...I would further investigate these normally they sell for double that.
If that were the case I wouldn't own anything!
People that wave that flag usually are the ones that have been bured because they didn't ask the right questions, do enough fact checking, or just plain didn't pay enough attention to what they were buiying.

If you decided to pass them up let somebody on here have a chance at them.
I could use a couple more pairs and I'm sure others would be interested for that price as long as they are useable.

For an 8 1/4? I assume...

Fair price. Maybe whoever is selling is not greedy.

I hope I am not high-jacking here but I have a pair of A-body 8.75 axles that have been redrilled for 4.5" BP and have new studs in them. $95/pr + SH or I can bring them to Spring Fling at the end of the month.

Have you heard of something like this?

I bought a set of cut down big bolt axles for my a-body for 150.00
First off I was told that they had green bearrings on them. nope they had crusty stock bearrings on them and the adjuster was porked.

I thought well.... maybe the guy didnt know what green bearings are no biggie. I would just fix them. I am soooo glad I tried to test fit them before I had new bearings pressed!

Turns out ..............
they were just what the guy said. they were cut down B body axles. they fit just fine. if you were going to use an open carrier but I have a sure grip so now I am sitting with a set of axles that are usless to me. might make a Mail box post out of them as a reminder.

So, I had to order axles. with what I have into this whole axle deal,
I have what I would of spent on a nice set of mosers or strange. and had a few bucks left over. all said and done I spent 500.00 on a 350.00 set of axles to get the right thing.

Never fails ! If I try to save 10 bucks I end up spending 50.00 or more. than what I had planned.

It just re assures me that I will not to ever buy anything that is sight unseen.

for me I never seem to get what I expect.

Ill wait for the next thread to ***** about how many time I have been ripped from buying sub par parts on e-gouge. All I know is that it is pretty discouraging.

Pete

I've done so good on there, I love it.

But you have to know what you are buying. Ask a lot of questions BEFORE pulling the trigger. Ask for more photos and measurements if necessary.
This should go for whenever you buy something.

I've made quite a few too good to be true deals on eBay, the message forums, and local.

One of the very times I've been screwed online was fron a Mopar Dealer on a new part!
I bought a new Yukon big bolt pattern axle "master kit" from Moparts Dealer (on eBay). It was suppose to include everything and the green bearings were suppose to be pressed on.
The kit came about a week later I opened up the box and the styrofoam was all busted up and stuck to everything and making a huge mess. I looked at the axles and opened the envelope and everything looked good. I stuffed it away until I would need them.
A little over 3 months later I wanted to put them in our 1972 Dart so I grabbed the box and brought them to the shop. Much to my surprise the green bearings were not even on the axles.
I called them immediately and pitched a big fit, but to no avail.
They said because I didn't contact them within 5 days they would just assume I was trying to scam them.
I understood that position, but come on.
So I came up with some proof! I sent them several photos of my axles so everyone could clearly see that there was never any bearings ever pressed on or off the axels, but they didn't budge.
Still saying I was trying to get something for nothing.
That really ticked me off, but I remained very calm and polite to them the entire time.
My next to last e-mail said that I have many more A-bodies and will need to order a few more sets of these BBP axle master kits from someone, do they really want to lose that business?
Then they offered me the bearings at discount and told me to take or leave it.
I told them it was too late and they were not getting a penny more of my money, EVER!
They wrote me a relpy back and said that their offer on the discounted bearings was no longer on the table.
I have been buying from different vendors ever sincle.
I'll gladly pay a couple extra dollars to buy else where and I have ordered a couple more master kits already and still will need a couple more.

I have got some great deals from the fourms and from Ebay too .

I asked the questions that I needed to ask with the axles.

I do not think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said that he tried them in his car and it worked and claimed he had a 3.55 sg in his car.

I always thought that an A body axle was an a body axle. I think they these were rigged up just so someone could have use big bolt stuff on a car they were trying to sell or it was all they had to work with .

I didnt know that it could be done until I found out the hard way :)

Pretty neat trick I would have to say.

Pete

A while back I bought a rear pair set of Weld Zero Drag (identical to Centerline AutoDrag) 15 x 8.5" aluminum wheels with a 4-7/8-inch backspace for my 1974 Plymouth Duster.
A 15 x 8.5" with a 4-7/8" backspace is not that easy of a wheel to find, no matter the vintage or wheel type. I e-mailed the seller before bidding and sent him a link here https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html asking him to confirm all his measurements were accurate & taken correctly. He replied that they were all correctly measured, so I bid.
I paid more than I wanted to ($267.50 shipped), but I really wanted these wheels. I was extremely excited to finally have a pair. While they were in transit I purchased a nice set of matching Centerline AutoDrag 15 x 3.5" front wheels so I had the complete set ready to go. When the 15 x 8/5" wheels arrived I opened them up and checked for damage and to confirm the condition. They were very nice, however not the correct size. They were only 15 x 8" which are much more common and not worth as much, especially to me. Extremely disappointed I wrote the seller an e-mail which included photos and stated my unhappiness with the transaction. I told him that the error was clearly on his end so here are my thoughts of what should happen to resolve this situation so we are both happy. (i sent it through eBay so there was a record of it showing I was polite and trying to resolve things being civil.

1.) I could ship the wheels back to him and he would give me a FULL refund because the error was his. He would cover the shipping expenses both ways (~$67.50) so I wouldn't be out anything.

2.) I would keep these wheels and he could just issue me a partial refund of $67.50 which would make me satisfied enough to leave him positive feedback and he would still have sold the wheels for $200.00 shipped. That is still a high price for 15" x 8" wheels. This way nobody is losing any money and both parties should be happy even though I would still need to purchase another set of 15 x 8.5" wheels.
Another thing that angered me was I passed up an auction for a brand new set of 15 x 8.5" wheels with the 4-7/8" of backspace for only $30.00 more then I gave this seller ( uwin07 ) for his used ones because I thought I was being thrifty.

He replied to my message through eBay with a very nasty attitude and was sarcastic as could be.
I was extremely polite AND more than fair with him so this really burned my @ss.

His offer was a partial refund for $20.00 and for anything else he recommended I contact FedEx because it was probably the changes in elevation & barometric pressure that shrunk the wheels during delivery.

I Immediately filed a dispute hoping to work this out with the seller through Paypal so everything was logged in official records. They asked what amount of a refund would me me satisfied. Not wanting to be greedy I typed in $80.00 still thinking this was more than generous on my part.

He never even replied to the dispute so I escaladed it to a claim. In a Paypal claim Paypal takes ten days and decides an outcome based on both parties input.
Once again the claim form asks what a fair/unbias partial refund would be so this time I put $100.00 (which it should have been from the start).
Ten days go by and Paypal decides in my favor, however because the seller only has $26.55 in his account at the time that is all they could recover and credit me back.
At this point I was just happy to show that jerk that I was not a push over. Paypal says they will monitor his account and continue trying to get my money back, blah, blah. I have heard this a time or two in the past and nothing ever came of it so I just blew it off and spent the $26.55 I had got.

A week or so later I got an e-mail from Paypal stating I had a refund so I went to check out how much was in my Paypal account. When I opened up my account I was shocked.
Paypal (or he?) gave me back the other $240.95 I paid the seller for the wheels!
I got the wheels for free, WAHOO!!

Hopefully I can buy another pair of Centerlines Autodrag 15 x 8.5" wheels with a 4-7/8"-inch backspacing and then sell these wheels to cover their cost or most of it!

-
Back