100% usa!!

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
It was time to replace my American Flag. I found one the right size, 3' x 5', and heavy duty. I found a statement that closed the deal. All flags made by Annin Flagmakers are made with materials that 100% of domestic origin and 100% USA labor. It will never get better than that. Found it at Walmart for about $30.00.
Mike

WOW! I didnt think any of flags where made in the USA.

I honestly think it should be law that all American flags be made in the USA.

And we would STILL allow Chinese knock off's on Ebay claiming to be made in the USA. :D

(I'm not a "we" by the way)

We don't need another law. WHat we do need is people to look at labels and buy "American Made", instead of buying according to price.

We don't need another law. WHat we do need is people to look at labels and buy "American Made", instead of buying according to price.

Exactly. People are completely in charge of what they buy. Simple enough to read where the product originates from.

To the OP, glad you found one actually made in USA. That said, we haven't darkened the door in a Wal Mart in goin on two years now and don't plan to.

For anyone interested in purchasing the Annin flags somewhere other than Wal Mart, here is their site showing a state to state map of locations where you can buy. On the left side, there is a list of major retailers.

http://www.annin.com/Search_locator.asp

That goes for the people that buy cheap hydraulic jacks, welding machines and tools from harbor freight. Buy good quality American made goods.

That goes for the people that buy cheap hydraulic jacks, welding machines and tools from harbor freight. Buy good quality American made goods.

Sad but it is difficult to find american made tools.

Harbor Freight is good if you are not going to use something every day, why pay huge bucks for something that you may use once or twice.

Harbor Freight is good if you are not going to use something every day, why pay huge bucks for something that you may use once or twice.

That's probably all it's good for. I don't remember the last time I was in HF, or Northern tool.
That said, Northern tool does, at least, carry Some tools by Stanley, SK ( used to be SK Wayne), Williams, and Proto that are marked "Made in USA".

Ace hardware is now carrying Craftsman Tools, but you need to check each piece. Between overwhelming government regulations, taxes, and labor rates, some Craftsman tools are being made "off-shore" now, too.

........................., some Craftsman tools are being made "off-shore" now, too.

LOl, they've been making them "off-shore" for a long while now. I purchased many of my Craftsman hand tools including these in the late '70s. I was completely surprised by the wording on the combination wrench set. I want to say the price for the combination set was right at the time and too good to pass up for the 1/4" thru 1" package. Seems like $30 was what I paid at Sears.

Attachments

• CraftsmanWrenches.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 153
How It's Made or one of those other programs like that did an episode on Annin Flags. They are the only factory that makes all the different authorized styles and sizes of US flags (ships ensigns, things like that). They also make flag officer flags and those of specialty flags. I also look for the Annin label.

Dennis

Sad but it is difficult to find american made tools.

My father had recently passed away and he had probably 20 tool boxes I had to go through. I was going to give a bunch of the tools away until I found out that they were all American made! Keeping them all.

I discovered Annin flags a while back when I couldn't stomach the idea of owning a foreign-made flag.

Our flag makes a great gift! I've given them as wedding gifts and housewarming gifts, it's a good feeling.

Frankie, I agree I buy American or top of the line if its an everyday tool. I have a chop saw from Harbor Frieght that i use maybe 1 time a year or even less. It still has the original wheel on it. I've had it nearly 20 years. Paid 10 bucks for it. To me its about amount of use. 200 for the DeWalt Chop Saw or 10 for the Harbor model. Its simple economics for me. Price plus amount of use = What Brand to buy.

Plus I scour garage sales too! I bet a bunch of us do that too.

I am all for only American made flags though.

-
Back