102 Degrees

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Sometimes it just works out that way. I had no calls scheduled this morning and have 3 service calls scheduled for this afternoon. Well, it's predicted to be 102 degrees and I will be moving appliances in and out of customers homes in the heat ...YEA!!!!!! Going to bring a cooler of gatorade and a couple of wet cloths in the cooler to try to keep the heat off. No A/C in the van so it will be like sitting in a broiler. Hey no complaints, gotta work and I am blessed to have a job.

Nice and warm out there this time of year isn't it??? One summer I went to Goldsboro to cut up a whole 70-road runner for parts, 100 plus heat + cuttin torch + hang over that morning I thought I was gonna die, and I was in my mid 20's then, I feel your pain bro...

Still not used to the searing North Carolina heat, even though I have been here 3 years now. We did not get this extended heat in Massachusetts. But on the flip side at least I do not have to shovel snow anymore. Well getting ready to "git er' done!!!!!" I will be back on later. Stay cool everyone!!!!!!

The wet towel in the cooler is the way to go, Roll it up and around the back of your neck :happy10:
I don't have a/c in ether one of my drivers, But the wife does.

May a cloud fallow you today and keep the suns rays off of you dustermaniac

I know how you feel, no A/C in my service truck either. Been very uncomfortable the last week or so.

I cant afford to fix the ac in my work truck either. Its been good for my diet though. Too hot to eat and sweating off the pounds.I think its hotter there than in Tx.

We welcome the heat! Last year over three months solid 100*+ days. So I don't mind 98* for now. It's coming soon enough. Lots of humidity this year too.

John B.

90+ degrees working in the shop today. 1 gatorade, 3 refills of the gatorade bottle, and the water bottle (like the sports sized ones) I brought from home and I was good through the day. Boy was it hot though. I feel your pain!

I feel your guys pain. I work 90% outside about 1-2 hours at a time in the baking sun at times. The other 10% is in the truck going between deliveries. It was 104 humid degrees in South Jersey yesterday and at the end of the day you are wore out.

I grew up in a tobacco field and now work in a boiler room. It pays good, but it's soooo hot! 105 outside in the sun today and 140 in the boiler room. Stay cool Tom.

Actually was not too bad in the truck. The humidity was lower today than yesterday. As for that poor guy in the video, he can have that job!!!!! I got one of those bus fans that plug into the power outlet it helps a little, not much but anything helps.

Well you guys should be in Denver..............56 degrees here today. Crazy mid summer cold front. currently up to 59.4 at the house.

-
Back