1050 AED Dominator issues

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My neighbor races a 434 fox body mustang and has developed a carb issue. He had the same guy that rebuilt it before go thru it again but he won't be available till Monday.
The problem is, it won't draw enough fuel to idle well at a idle. I went over and checked the fuel levels and raised the front bowl ever so slightly. The 4 corner mixture screws change nothing when adjusted in. But If I put my hand over the primaries when it is running, I can get it to idle. So I know it is a lean run issue. Can't find a vacuum leak at least externally. Any Ideas?

My neighbor races a 434 fox body mustang and has developed a carb issue. He had the same guy that rebuilt it before go thru it again but he won't be available till Monday.
The problem is, it won't draw enough fuel to idle well at a idle. I went over and checked the fuel levels and raised the front bowl ever so slightly. The 4 corner mixture screws change nothing when adjusted in. But If I put my hand over the primaries when it is running, I can get it to idle. So I know it is a lean run issue. Can't find a vacuum leak at least externally. Any Ideas?

Was the intake removed at the same time?

No, only thing removed was the carb to have it rebuilt. He said the car would not rev more than 5000? This is why he had carb rebuilt. He has been racing for years now. Car runs 5.50 on a little spray. I did just text him and told him to look for a vacuum leak. May not have been the carb in the first place.

No, only thing removed was the carb to have it rebuilt. He said the car would not rev more than 5000? This is why he had carb rebuilt. He has been racing for years now. Car runs 5.50 on a little spray. I did just text him and told him to look for a vacuum leak. May not have been the carb in the first place.

Send it to Dom

It sounds like it has some internal blockage somewhere. It doesn't take much. I have found success running fine mechanic's wire through all the passages in the metering block and main body.

Sorry I don't have anything more direct, but that's what it sounds like to me.

00O0O_bWtP6C5l0MD_600x450.jpg
View attachment 1714937631 how you doing S G it's Ben a while, if it back fired when nitrous hit, it my have jumped timing. I'm still running my pro gas car. Did you finish your dart? I might race Bradenton this weekend. if I can get my co2 bottle filled, no body is open till sat. to fill it

View attachment 1714937631

Last edited:
No I gave up on the Dart, been trying to sell it. Building a 68 Barracuda now. Well we did figure out what was wrong with the 1050. I guess a NOS valve went bad and it was sucking vacuum through the solenoid? Runs good now.

-
Back