10x8 metal shed

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Now I know this is way off topic,but hear it goes.Thinking its time to get a shed Cindy keeps getting things to put in our old 1, I am slowly being get out, I need the room for CAR PARTS I tell her.I don't want to spend more than 700 Canadian.Reviews up the zinger,don't know who to believe.So who has a shed 10x8 or close how is it,i have a problim sometimes rushing into things and end up with junk.so your thought would help.

check kokomo, or whatever you Canadians call craigslist
they show up there from time to time

just remember that you are dealing with a building
if you take the time to pour a foundation, or have someone come out to lay down a slab you will be well ahead of the game

and you have to wonder, how many of the bad reviews are from people who unpacked these sheds and build them right on top of the grass?

if you do find a nice one on C/L you have two big advantages, first of all, it will be cheaper
but more importantly...you get to see what you are buying, you can touch it, rock it and see if you want to hit your head each time you go it on if you want to look at one size larger

I haven't looked into this, but I do know they makes wooden component sheds
picture a gingerbread house, and that will give you an idea of the main components

those are more assembly then carpentry work

I bought a 10x10 from Rona about 3 years ago. It's a steel shed and has the extra bracing for snow (A must for Canadian winters). It was only $300 or so but took a full day to assemble. I poured a 10.5'x10.5' slab and TapCon screwed it down. The floor kit was useless for me as it's made to use a wooden floor.

The doors are slider doors and when stuff gets in the bottom channel it gets difficult to close but a quick cleaning and WD40 does great.

My neighbor built a plastic shed available at Costco. First winter and it went down. Bought another and it blew apart and pieces blew away in a wind storm (We're in the county). Finally bought a metal shed and asked me to help pour a slab. We built his shed last year and screwed it down. Hasn't had any issues with it.

Riddler

110 a month and up,not too shabby, well its a 10x8 Canadian Tire 499,or the 10x8 from Home Hardware 569, the 1 from Home looks nicer but it is not being made anymore.Booth have 3 stars out of 5.

your silly home hardware store refuses to give me any prices without a zipcode, so I don't know which one your looking at
but they do have a "red barn" style which seems to be quite a bit taller then the cnd. tire version (probably more expensive too)

NONE of the ones ive see have a door I can walk through without knocking my head though

your silly home hardware store refuses to give me any prices without a zipcode, so I don't know which one your looking at
but they do have a "red barn" style which seems to be quite a bit taller then the cnd. tire version (probably more expensive too)

NONE of the ones ive see have a door I can walk through without knocking my head though
YA there site sucks to,so I just want to thank you for stick-in with me.I have the Spacemaker 10x8 metal shed from Canadian Tire,now to find 4 guys to off load it into my garage,till September.Thanks again.

no problem brother
(nothing like spending other peoples online dollars)

I wonder...and this might be completely retarded....but would it make sense to make a cinder block "basement" a foot or two deep, that you can then put your shed on?
just to get some headroom in there

Thatssssssssss a good idea,i have 2 and a half months to think about it.I do plan on a plat form for sure.The father in law built the last 1 with pallets work for 8 years,just starting to rot.

since we are giving free advice......I realize you said carpentry is not your best skill, BUT, it should be so much cheaper, and just a little study and a few basic tools..... a no brainer. anyone that can do basic mechanical skills, can build a d ecent shed! NOW, if you cannot turn a w rench and have to pay for all your old car work, then scratch the idea!

Old vans make for nice storage. Pre assembled. Weather resistant. Multiple entrances.

since we are giving free advice......I realize you said carpentry is not your best skill, BUT, it should be so much cheaper, and just a little study and a few basic tools..... a no brainer. anyone that can do basic mechanical skills, can build a d ecent shed! NOW, if you cannot turn a w rench and have to pay for all your old car work, then scratch the idea!
This X2, I can tear up a piece of wood, But i ended up buying a book on shed building at Home Depot that contained all the math for the rafters and particulars that I was not familiar with. I put up a 10x16 with a ramp and 6ft doors in a weedend's time with a little help. Far better than the stapled together ones you see out there. Little metal sheds are real bad about condensate and mildew.

Last edited:
Hey no problim with wrenches here.

Ok despite of the heat its done,build a platform and then the metal shed a lot of screws.Thanks to all who shared the thoughts and wisdom.

014.JPG

020.JPG

020.JPG

-
Back