[Found!] 11/16" tie rod sleeves

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
P-S-T has them.
Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve

Also the solid machined ones from QA1. These got expensive since I bought them a couple years ago, but nice for adjusting toe because a wrench fits on nicely.
QA1 52324 QA1 Heavy-Duty Tie Rod Sleeves | Summit Racing

Rare Parts, which might be Moog. Crazy price direct from them. Googling "Rare Parts 25563" might take you to another seller who sells their parts for much less. I did that for strut rod lock nuts and paid 1/5 of Rare Parts price.
TIE ROD SLEEVE

It looks like Moog has discontinued theirs, so it might take a little digging to get a part number. I've got to run, so I can't do anymore with this now. Let me know if you'd like me to keep digging a little later.

This is what I run, and they are brilliant. I’m not sure if the FABO discount applies because they are only $57, but it’s worth trying.

11/16" Solid Steel Adjustable Tie Rod Sleeve
Yes, those are virtually identical to the QA1 sleeves, but haven't had the price increase yet. I paid a good bit less for the QA1s way back when, but those are a bargain now. I looked for them on PST under 1974 Monaco, but they weren't listed.

The reason for the 11/16" tie rod is to reduce flex, most of which is probably in the sleeve. Agreed, they are brilliant.

Part numbers that seem to work:
Mopar 3402805 and Moog ES440S. TRW and McQuay-Norris also use ES440S. All out of production.

Outfits I've purchase from with satisfaction carrying these parts:

Bill Rolik. I like Bill, he's been a good guy to deal with.

Sparks Surplus on EBay. If you click "Add to Watch List," they will send you a discount offer within a few hours, usually about 20%. I've bought from them at least 3 times.

It seems that unless you're going for OEM appearance, for price and function, the P-S-Ts are a no-brainer. Maybe message James from @PST and see how he can help. He was a big help to me.

I know shipping to you in Canada is the wild-card, Steve. Let me know if I can help. Smuggling across the Canada-US border is a family tradition. I just want to break the tradition of getting caught. :canada::usflag:

Thanks guys, lots of good advice here! I ordered a set of Proforged tie rods and learned they are 11/16" after ordering. Trying to gather preventative maint stuff while its available. No rally racing, just looking for upgrades while replacing parts where needed.
Lol scuder, I hear ya with border "issues" and I appreciate your offer! One of these days I will take you up on it and share a pint and some wings! :thumbsup: :canada::usflag: I'll bring bail money just in case!:lol:
Thanks all!

Thanks guys, lots of good advice here! I ordered a set of Proforged tie rods and learned they are 11/16" after ordering. Trying to gather preventative maint stuff while its available. No rally racing, just looking for upgrades while replacing parts where needed.
Lol scuder, I hear ya with border "issues" and I appreciate your offer! One of these days I will take you up on it and share a pint and some wings! :thumbsup: :canada::usflag: I'll bring bail money just in case!:lol:
Thanks all!
Forget the bail money, we'll shoot our way out! :elmer:

I might have an old set, but I won’t be home till the middle of next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back