11.75" Brakes on an A body

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
So I have been seeing the brackets off of F,M,J body cars to put 11.75" calipers and rotors on the 73 and later A body disk spindles. Would this be a good upgrade for say a autocross or road racing car? Besides the weight probably being a little heavier than an aftermarket performance kit. Does this modification have noticable performance braking improvements? Anybody here running this set up?

What cars have the 11.75" parts at the wrecking yards?

I've been running it for years.

I put them on my daily driver type 68 Dart Conv. Not a huge difference. Where you are going to see it is when the brakes get hot. Like comming down a large grade/mountain etc. I drove over the 405 freeway from LA to Thousand Oaks over the Sepulveda Pass (mountain) daily with that Dart. And lots of stop and go traffic. In mornings traffic would go good and then come to a halt for looky lou's etc. That's when you'd have to get on the binders. I drive in the left lane in my old cars.

The adapters come off like 76-80's B-bodies. Like Cordobas, Fury (B-body Hunter TV show type) etc.

The adapters on C-bodies will not work.

read here: http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

What autoxcuda just mentioned, but if you want 11 3/4 rotors, you will be needing 15 inch wheels to clear the calipers.
Then there's tires, if you allready don't have all that equipment.
Just something else for you to think about.

i have them on both of my cars. one with the sliders one with the pins. i have the sliders on the duster and one day i pulled the rotor and bracket off and swapped on the bigger stuff. it was definitely a noticable difference. not huge but i did notice it. go with the 11x2 1/2 drums too.

-
Back