12 Gauge Male Packard Terminals?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know a Napa part # for a 12 ga male bulkhead terminal? I know they sell the 14-16ga variety, but I need one for 10-12 ga wire. I'd rather not have to buy online. I found a GM#2971859, but can't seem to find any local. Thanks!

Primary Wire Terminal

630448.jpg

Thanks, but that looks to be the one I linked to. Those are for 14-16 ga wire. I asked the guy at Napa if they had some for 10-12 ga wire, but he wasn't very helpful.
I don't believe Mopar used 10 or 12 gauge terminals in the bulkhead. (although they should have) That's why the main power terminal always goes bad.

I only need two. I can't get any of the local parts stores to bring up a good part number. According to Napa, their catalog only shows 14-16g.

Has anyone on her upgraded their wiring a few wires each weekend till it was done? Like the OP I would like to up grade everything to heavier wire. The kits are expensive, and it seems it would be easy to not get in too deep, just replace a few at a time. Your thoughts.

Mike they did on the main power wire in, Ask me how I know?:rofl::rofl:
I won't "lol" that because it's not funny. I can see where the wire end could be larger for heavier wire. I was thinking more along the lines of a larger terminal to carry more current.

I had a engine fire and had to either get a harness but mine is strange 74 SE with a 440. I just bought all the wire, terminals and connectors and built it myself. I was anal and did it with the proper ga wires and color codes. If you do it wrap it with fire resistant tape. If any one goes that route I can help you out with the suppliers I used. Really was not that bad to do.

I won't "lol" that because it's not funny. I can see where the wire end could be larger for heavier wire. I was thinking more along the lines of a larger terminal to carry more current.

I remember the assortment I bought did not have ten and I bought some on flea bay. Biggest thing is having the right tools, proper crimper and a good terminal remover set. I now actually have a separate HF machinist toolbox just for wiring.

I remember the assortment I bought did not have ten and I bought some on flea bay. Biggest thing is having the right tools, proper crimper and a good terminal remover set. I now actually have a separate HF machinist toolbox just for wiring.
Great idea Hoppy.

I still have a ton of stuff to make the gauge test sets just have to get on it.

25 Packard 56 Series Male 12 Gauge Terminals GM 2971859
25 Packard 56 Series Female 12 Gauge Terminals GM 2989877

25 Packard 56 Series Male 16-14 Gauge Terminals GM 2971962
25 Packard 56 Series Female 16-14 Gauge Terminals GM 296586
From Amazon web sight. looks like the only difference is the wire retaining loop is bigger for larger cable diam.

I was at local parts store and flipped thru their Pico catalog. 12 ga shows only in female. 18-14 male. I took pics

20170104_132731.jpg

20170104_132609.jpg

Last edited:
If you are making up your own harness, the headlight connector is larger in size, and can handle more amps, but can only find the female end.

Evan, why didn't you say you needed those!

I could have put some in the box I sent to you. :)

Evan, why didn't you say you needed those!

I could have put some in the box I sent to you. :)

I would have had I known I needed it. Lol. You know how it goes- the deeper you dive into a project, the more **** that pops up. It's all good though. I think I've got a way to not need them.

25 Packard 56 Series Male 12 Gauge Terminals GM 2971859
25 Packard 56 Series Female 12 Gauge Terminals GM 2989877

25 Packard 56 Series Male 16-14 Gauge Terminals GM 2971962
25 Packard 56 Series Female 16-14 Gauge Terminals GM 296586
From Amazon web sight. looks like the only difference is the wire retaining loop is bigger for larger cable diam.

I found that GM number earlier, but none of the local Chevy dealerships could bring it up. Nor could any local autoparts store cross reference it. Not sure why.

Waytek has them if you want to buy 20 IIRC.

Napa 725145 might work OK. I have the 12 and 14-16 and the 14-16 has some pretty long crimp arms on them. I've use them on 12ga wire before.

Let me know and I can throw a couple in an envelope if you can't find any.

-
Back