12 yr old McDonalds burger

-
Don't care who you are, that's some gruesome sh*t right there. Probably makes the undertaker's job much easier though.

Here is a crazy thought, if the burger lasts twelve years like that, then maybe it will add years to your life!

I don't buy it .. No bread in the world is not gonna mold after 12 years.. They'd have to put enough preservatives in it to kill you on the spot

Here's an experiment for y'all, I think you will be surprised.

Take an ice cream sandwich, you know, the kind with the chocolate layers of ? which vanilla "ice cream" between them. Any brand. Unwrap it and leave half in the sink overnight (can't throw it all away). It will make you wonder what kind of "ice cream" they use.

Report back to us the next day.
C

I actually believe it. I've seen a video where someone took McD's fries and left them for a year or two and they looked the same. other restaurants food molded and fell apart.

I've seen items like that dry out before. in a dry environment, it's not unusual. The bread will dry out and not mold. As long as she keeps it dry, it should stay like that for a long time. There's nothing magical or horrible, or even related to preservatives. Drying is one of the oldest preservatives known to man. Check into jerky and mummies.

Hmmm...just like Penn said...you buy a burger at any McDonald's, anywhere...and they're all exactly the same. So maybe topless bars are the only true source of 'local culture' :downtown:

Since burgers are bad for you I guess i'll have to pick up some more Mc Ribs.... they're like the hot dog of the BBQ world, a little bit of this animal (?) a little bit of that animal (?) and throw in some of this crap for the hell of it! lol

I would say this could very well be true. I used to have an old 76 aspen wagon that one of my kids left a McDonalds burger in for over a year. It was only about half gone. The bread just dried out, never molded and the meat never rotted or smelled just kinda dried out and looked like rubber, lol.

A law firm I used to work for had a case involving a San Bernardino hotel's restaurant where a customer (the client) ordered a burger that was delivered to the table with a mouse's leg embedded into the meat. The day I started working there the office manager took me into the kitchen area, opened the freezer, then unwrapped and displayed the burger as she did with all new employees. "This is evidence in one of our cases. No matter how hungry you get, don't eat it!!!" You could see the little foot sticking out the side, perfectly preserved in frozen wonderland for God knows how long. Needless to say, I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant after that.

meh I bet everyone will still eat there. Nothing will change, mcd's will always be a multibillion dollar company. Just becuase one nutritionist says it's bad for you won't change a thing, in fact tomorrow I'm going for mcd's because this article has made me hungry for one.

Thats crazy. Speaking of preservatives, I saw on the food network the other day that velveta cheese has a 50 year shelf life! GET OUT!!!

Personally, I think she is full of $hit. She is most likely one of the many people that go to mcdonalds & stuff themselvs until they can no longer eat & wonder why they are getting fat. Give me a break. Get up off your lazy a$$ & exercise for god sake!!!

It was kept in a plastic airtight container, perhaps also in a fridge???

Of course its going to look unchanged.

The burger on the right, off the paper is a 2008 burger. I had to buy it to get the groovy paper and bag.

The meat is a tad darker, the bun a little less golden but in 12 years it will look exactly like that too.

Burger2008.jpg

This is the retro welch's grape juice plastic container I have always kept it in.

Burgerkeeper.jpg

-
Back