$1200 for a 340?

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Well this is a question more for us Canadians since out prices up here are out to lunch compared to you Americans.

340 MOTOR SITTING AT 40 OVER AND STILL GOOD.NEW REGROUND CRANK AND BEARINGS,OIL PUMP.PICK-UP REBUILT HEADS. COMPLETE MOTOR. TAKING APART BECAUSE TOP RINGS BROKE DUE TO PRE IGNITION.

Think that is worth the $1200 asking price?

depends if it is a pre 72, but if it is a low compression engine, i would pass at that price.
if it is any, need to make sure pistons are re-usable. if not, then looking at alot more mony to rebuid. .040 is not bad, as long as the bore look perfect, then not THAT bad of a deal if again, is a pre 72 engine

depends if it is a pre 72, but if it is a low compression engine, i would pass at that price.
if it is any, need to make sure pistons are re-usable. if not, then looking at alot more mony to rebuid. .040 is not bad, as long as the bore look perfect, then not THAT bad of a deal if again, is a pre 72 engine

1973 he said

nah, at that price, and other factors, id have to pass. you would be just as good with a 360 for less then a 1/3 the price!

Well this is a question more for us Canadians since out prices up here are out to lunch compared to you Americans.

Think that is worth the $1200 asking price?
HEY Fellow Canadian, I just bought last fall a complete... I mean complete 1971 340 at good price. Less than the asking price of the of your find.I sold off some factory hard to find parts for a fair price,and have left what i want to rebuild. The money I made on the parts sold will help me with the new parts I need to buy for rebuilding.So is $1,200.00 a good price for what it is? Just be careful of damage to cylinder walls.. Just my 2 cents.. Craig.

Pass on it. If it was me wave a lowball offer....strictly because of the possible repairs and the year of it. It'll be around at that price for a while.

Hey I have a bare 69 block and my buddy is in visiting from bc(he lives in Hope). He drove in and is driving back on Monday or Tuesday in a F 350. If you are interested pm me or gimme a call 705 651 6311

-
Back