13" lbp?

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
Did they make 13" rims with the large bolt pattern? I need a spare for my Barracuda now that I converted over & I would like one that fits in the spare tire well. I am having trouble finding a 14" tire small enough to fit. Thanks for any info.

I've never heard or or seen a 13" wheel in LBP before.As far as I know only the A-bodies came with 13" wheels and the rest were all 14" and up.
You could try measuring some narrower low profile (50 series) 14" tires for height and see if one of those might fit your tire well.

Another thought is that if any of the 80's or 90's cherokees or explorers came with space saver spares,one of those might work.

Mother Mopar never made a 13" LBP wheel. All 13" were A body SBP, usually /6 cars but some 273 cars had them.

Bill

Yeah the wheel diameter isn't the problem anyway. The radial tire is the problem. Space saver spare from many Fords Lincoln Mercury will drop right in the spare well and the board will lay flat too.

Thanks guys! I did not think they made a 13" just thought I would confirm it. Looks like a trip to Pull-a-Part.

Glenn - got a couple replies from the A100 forum - yes 13 inch LBP wheels were available and came stock; however, most were replaced by the dealers. According to one guy who was a line mechanic back then, his dealer stacked them out back and welded poles to the center and made stanchions out of them. He said some racers wanted them for the smaller diameter wheels for their cars on the front. He also said good luck in finding any now. Looks like the space saver spare is your best bet.

Thanks for checking Don. The way things are going with this rear end I may be putting the car up for sale & giving up on the old cars. I just do not have the patience anymore & this past week has sapped most of my enthusiasm. I am trying not to make any rash decisions but the more I think about it the less I want to deal with it. Thanks again for asking around.

-
Back