14" SBP Factory Rims

-

matthon

Reaction score
What widths did these come in?
I have not had any luck finding any, are these hard to find?

Are you kidding? I have 8 or 9. I think they only came in 4.5 and 5.5 widths

ralley rims are 5.5" standard ones are 4.5" I have seen some sbp ralleys for sale on here recently

The 5.5" x 14" plane steel wheels (the ones that came on performance models like Formula S and others) can be a bit hard to find.

The 5.5" x 14" plane steel wheels (the ones that came on performance models like Formula S and others) can be a bit hard to find.

Yep, that is what I am looking for. I believe they were called J rims due to the lip on the rim that keeps the tire on if you get a flat, (or maybe if you drive like a jerk?).
I'd like to get wider rims for the back.

I am going to look at a set this week, is there any way to tell if they are regualr rims or Formula S rims? The width maybe?

Okay, I got 4 sbp 14" rims today for $10. They are marked M5, two also have a J stamped into them, and two have a V. They are 5" between the rim beads, hence the M5 I guess?

Did they make these in 5"?

I have heard of J rims, but not V rims, if there is such a thing.

I`ve never heard of 5" rims, only 4.5" and the 5.5". You can buy aftermarket rims from places like Wheel Vintiques in various diameters and widths.

Maybe I made a mistake in measuring, I'll check again. It was pouring rain and I only really wanted one for a spare tire, thinking it would be difficult to find five 5.5" rims, but for $10 the guy gave me all 4.
So what's with the M5?
I wonder if these will fit around disc brakes?

Measure inside the bead to inside the bead. This will be the actual rim size. The overall outside width will be about 1" larger, for example the 5.5" wheel should measure 6.5" from outer edge to outer edge.

If you want wider ones you can have them made I had mine split and widened to 8 inches by a local shop that builds roundy round cars they look stock until you see the 245 / 60 /14s

I want to eventually, I just need to find a place local to do it.
How much per rim?

Okay, I got 4 sbp 14" rims today for $10. They are marked M5, two also have a J stamped into them, and two have a V. They are 5" between the rim beads, hence the M5 I guess?

Did they make these in 5"?

I have heard of J rims, but not V rims, if there is such a thing.

Here's a diagram explaining rim width and centerline measurements...

RimWidthCtrLineMeasurement.jpg

and to add to that drawing, backspace is the total of the positive and negative offset on a positive offset wheel and just the negative offset on a negative offset wheel, am I correct on that? It's the distance from the wheel mating surface to the rim (measure with a flat bar across the wheel from bar to mating surface)

-
Back