14" wheels for 64 GT

-

Thumpower

Reaction score
I'm looking for some shiny wheels for my GT; going to 14's since almost nothing is available by way of tires for 13". What measurements do I need to take on the prospective wheels - I have read on forum that these have an off the wall bolt pattern.

If your car still has the original bolt pattern, it is 5 lug with 4 inch bolt pattern. Wheels are very limited for this application. A company is still making the Cragar SS chrome wheels. 14" tires are also becoming limited.

Below is a couple of eBay links for the Cragar SS wheels.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cragar-S-S-08070-Cragar-SS-14x7-Small-Bolt-Pattern-5x4-Cragar-4-125-b-s-/130836213186?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1e76722dc2&vxp=mtr"]Cragar s s 08070 Cragar SS 14X7 Small Bolt Pattern 5x4 Cragar 4 125" B S | eBay[/ame]

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cragar-S-S-61754-Cragar-SS-15x7-Small-Bolt-Pattern-Mopar-5x4-Cragar-4-125-bs-/140906847747?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item20ceb3de03&vxp=mtr"]Cragar s s 61754 Cragar SS 15x7 Small Bolt Pattern Mopar 5x4 Cragar 4 125" BS | eBay[/ame]

There was also a company making 17" alloy wheels in 5x4", for ~$170 ea. Search for posts here. Many like the rubber-band tires of new cars, though some down-sides (wheels crack, harsher ride). You can save a lot by getting used wheels. So many change to BBP that you can find deals on SBP. I have a set of Cragars and mag slotted. My 64 Valiant even came with newish spoke wheels, though I don't trust the adapter (from 5 studs to a single large spinny nut). Re width, decide if you want wider in the rear. I recall, my Cragars are 6" wide all around. The slotted mags are ~6" wide front and real wide (10"?) rear. Fit fine in my 65 Dart w/o tubbing the sheet-metal or moving the leaf springs.

Yep just what these guys said. IMO go to a 15 not 14 due to a wider selection of tire sizes. You can't go wider than a 7 inch wheel with a 235 60 tire without rubbing in a stock wheel well. 4 and 1/4 inch backspace should be perfect. That is what my homework came out to and that's what's on my dart. Check out the pics of cars in early A forum lots of nice rides with different wheels there. also now is a good time to decide if you will be going to a bigger wheel pattern or staying with the 4 inch. That way you won't have to buy another set of wheels down the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 116
-
Back