14 X 5.5 Wheels

-

66cuda-s

Reaction score
I purchased four 14 X 5.5 wheels from Commando66 a couple of months ago. I wanted to have them powdercoated, the local powdercoat shop wanted $75 each. I thought this was high, but thought it would be great to have done.

A friend of mine said that he had his Dump Truck wheels powdercoated at Les Schwad for $45 each. That sounded better. So I stopped by and they said they would do it for $25 each (!). So I had them done. Got them on the car last Saturday. They don't show up too well in the pictures, but came out nice.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get some of the long lug nuts that poke through the "Mag" style wheel covers?

DSCN0442a.jpg

DSCN0441a.jpg

I've seen those long lug nuts on ebay. Be prepared for sticker shock though.
I would put standard acorn nuts on the wheel and glue chrome plated plasic caps on top.
Chrome lug nuts rust anyway. Hope this helps.

Yes I bought some of the long lug nuts on ebay that are correct for those wheels they were just under $200.00 for 20ea. shipped. Price is high but it's the only lug nut that I could find with proper length 2.25" to poke through the factory hub cap.

To be honest I think the 5.5" wheels look pretty cool with no caps like you have then with the chrome lug nuts. I was just trying to stay with a stock look and caps.

Yea, those are the Wheel Covers 1968FormulaS340.

I have seen the listing on e-Bay for the long lug nuts too, I just thought there would be more places than that to get them, and maybe at a better price.

Dog Dish aye!! I think I will stich with the OEM Formula Wheel Covers or leave them black wheels.

-
Back