14x8 ralley backspacing 4.63 ok?

-

Guy0783

Reaction score
Im looking at Coker's 14x8 rallys for the rear of my 67 Barracuda. The backspacing is 4.63 and im not sure if that will fit. Has anyone tried them, or does anyone know? Thanks!

I would avoid 14 inch rims, it is getting harder and harder to find decent tires for them, and there are only a few disk brake solutions. take a look at wheel vintiques 15 or 16" rims.

I appreciate the response, and have actually considered going to 15's. But I like the 14's, and have no need to anything other than a street tire. I had several options available when I bought my last set in April. I'm just not sure on the backspacing of this wheel fitting.

Best way to know for certain is to take measurements of your car, I would probably stay with 4.25 to 4.5 personally, given that there is some movement when cornering.

Mine are 15 x 8 with 4.25 bs on the back of my 69 cuda and they are not close either side, however mu car sits high in the back

4 5/8 is a very popular Mopar offset. Also, Summit, Tire Rack, Discount Tire and most others still have plenty of 14" tires left. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I actually have one 14x8 slot i can put on the back tomorrow and do some measurements from. If I remember the backspace on it is 4". Maybe fhe old tire will even hold air long enough. If it makes a difference my rear end is a 741.

This shows measurement from inner lip of the 14x8, 4"bs slot I have. The old tire is the same size I plan on using 225/70.

20190930_171500.jpg

20190930_165304.jpg

Also check up top for inner wheel housing clearance.

I didnt measure but there was a good 1 1/2in room between tire and inner wheel housing clearance. The outer wheel housing clearance was a little close for comfort, but i know those wheels are what the car was running before the driver's side wheels were stolen.

As long as the extra .63 moving inside will clear the drum edge I should be golden, I think.

-
Back