15 " Rallye wheels options

-

peterOZ

Reaction score
Hi to all, i am looking at purchasing a set of Rallye wheels for my 68 fastback.

i have found 2 options as far.

Wheel Vintiques
Wheel Vintiques 56-5812042 Wheel Vintiques 56 Series Chrysler Rallye Silver Wheels | Summit Racing

U.S Wheels
U.S. Wheel 667-5812 U.S. Wheel 667 Series Silver Chrysler Rallye Wheels | Summit Racing

'68 fastback 440 -727 est 550 h/p
will be used 70% street / 30 track

-Is 1 wheel better than the other as far as quality is concerned?
-Can any of these wheels be used on track ? with and without t/brake.
-I cannot seem to get Trim ring to suit any of the above wheels . Can they be purchased elsewhere?

(if they are not suited or recommended for track use i am still interested for rd use purpose)

Thank you in advance.

I have the Wheel Vintiques and can tell you the quality is excellent. I would buy them again in a second. Don't know about the U.S Wheels as I have never used them. I would not use a trim ring on a race car. They can slip on the rim and slice the valve stem.

I purchased a pair of used 15" X 7" WheelVintiques Rallye wheels, that are date stamped 5-23-2006, from member 72Dart6pack. I've had no issues with them.

IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

I bought a pair of Vintiques in 15x7 size. I don't like the way the trim rings fit. The drop center of the wheel facing out is not tapered almost like they welded the centers in backwards. Every rim has a sharp bend side and a tapered side and I wish the tapered side was facing out so the trim rings would follow the contour. I don't know if they are supposed to be that way or I have the wrong design trim rings. Let me see if I can find some photos. Simply put, the back side of the trim rings hit the sharp edge marked in the first photo.

20160510_171028.jpg
20160514_155021.jpg

-
Back