15 x 8 on barracuda backspacing?

-

ozcuda67

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 67 Barracuda and plan on drag racing it,this weekend. I can get some 15 x 8 with 4 5/8 backspacing rally wheels, sbp. I need to know if anyone has used these before with standard spring location? Will they fit with 235/60/15 M&H tyres. Being in Australia I'm a bit on my own when it comes to this sort of thing sometimes. The wheel supplier is unsure and my car is currently in the shop getting prepared, so I can't just go out and check it for myself. He is holding the wheels for me, but I'll need to sort it out fairly promptly I guess. I will appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I run 15 x 8 SBP wheels with 4.25 back space on my 69. The springs are in the stock location. The Mickey Thompson 275x50x15's clear the springs by more than 1/2 inch and are just flush with the outer fender. Your 235x60x15's should fit fine. Is your car a right hand drive?

Take some wheels you know the dim's on...take some measurements, put some tape on the floor and get a flat edge and go to town...that's what I did to be sure...it's not exact but you can get damn close. Dont forget to take into account tire sidewall buldge too if applicable. It took me a good 2hrs of measuring, re-measuring but it was a learning experience and when I was done I was 99% sure what wheel/tire combo fit on my car...

It's great to be able to get advice on this forum, overnight down here, then purchase these wheels and tyres first thing tomorrow morning a little more informed than I was before. Cuda69, it's still LHD. Cars over 30yrs old can be registered legally as LHD. It's certainly made owning American cars much easier and more economical if you don't have to convert it.

-
Back