$150 aluminum radiator

-

hypermite

Reaction score
My $150 (shipped) E-Bay radiator showed up today, I was pleased with the overall appearance, everything is welded/soldered & NO epoxy.but there were a few issues.

1. Only one of the bolt holes lined up with the factory ones in the core support. no big deal, I just drilled 3 new ones.

2. the upper hose inlet is too close to the center of the tank, & hit my huge 7-blade factory fan (not cool) I have a smaller diameter fan that I'll have to use until I can have the inlet moved over a few inches.

3. The trans. cooler did not come with fittings, so I'll be making another trip to the hardware store.

So, I guess if you're willing to do some minor mods to make it work, I still think it's a good deal. If you want one that bolts right up like factory, Then spend the extra coin.

radiator 002.JPG

radiator 003.jpg

radiator 004.jpg

radiator 005.jpg

I hear the champion rads for the abody won't fit a factory shroud because they shortened the rad like 2". They also sound hit or miss. Heard quite a few guys getting ones that were all twisted and crap. Sounded to me like the abody ones fit the worst. Have a friend with one in his Chally and his fits great.

I have one in my 68 Dart and yes the holes had to be redrilled but didnt have a problem with the fan hitting probably because I have the stock fan and clutch. I only probllem I have with cooling is it being over 100 degrees up in the desert where I live cant seem to keep car cool. So Itried a bigger radiator went from the 22" aluminum to a 36" copper/brass radiator and went for the test drive tonight and guess what it still got up in temp. So now I will check my water pump to see how many blades is has and my change to a high flow style.

It looks like they put your upper hose inlet in the correct spot, mine is too far inboard, that's why your stock fan still fits. &$%#*

Yes I see what you mean. Comparing the two pics yours in over too far. Have you tried to contact them and see if they would exchange it.

I just got mine installed and I have to notch a piece out of the lower support for it to fit under the hood at the height i wanted. But Im not building a show car Im building a street car so Im not worried. That and drilling mounting holes were the only mods that I had to do. The radiator is very nicley made from my point of view and for the price. My buddies duster has a be cool piece and it looks similarly made. Im all about sav ing money where possible.

I just got mine installed and I have to notch a piece out of the lower support for it to fit under the hood at the height i wanted. But Im not building a show car Im building a street car so Im not worried. That and drilling mounting holes were the only mods that I had to do. The radiator is very nicley made from my point of view and for the price. My buddies duster has a be cool piece and it looks similarly made. Im all about sav ing money where possible.
I had to make the same modifications as you for my champion rad. It works really well here in the desert. My 440 stays at 185 to 190 cruising around here when its 105+ outside. Cruising down the highway at 3300 rpm it runs at 205. Very nice radiator and for the price you cant touch it.

Had to make the same notch to fit mine. But for the price it has kept my 273 running cool.

I painted the alum radiator semi gloss black, that I had in my Camaro. ;)

Made it hard to tell it was not stock.8)

Have to be careful with e-bay! I got a universal fit from Summit and I love it! It didn't come with a trans cooler, so I piggybacked one on, and it has side tanks instead of top and bottom, but the whole set-up (rad, trans cooler, hoses, cap and shipping) was just under $200.

-
Back