1500 Ram Fuel Pump

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
Any body here changed out the fuel pump on the 03 1500 Ram truck.
just wondering should i drop the tank or lift the bed to install the new one i hear both.

Thank friends

I did one in my 03 1500 ram van, and it doesnt take much to drop the tank. its plastic and if low on fuel you can do it yourself. Lifting the box would take help from some friends.

I replaced my fuel pump on my 97 1500 Ram 4x4. I didn't drop the tank or lift the bed. There was enough room to get my hands up there and change it out without removing/dropping anything. I don't know if being a 4x4 had anything to do with it.

I will say that dropping the tank would be easier than removing the bed.

I replaced my fuel pump on my 97 1500 Ram 4x4. I didn't drop the tank or lift the bed. There was enough room to get my hands up there and change it out without removing/dropping anything. I don't know if being a 4x4 had anything to do with it.

I will say that dropping the tank would be easier than removing the bed.

raise the bed its easy to work on 6 bolts set it onto of the tires

If you don't care what the bed looks like, I've seen guys cut a hole in the bed floor to get access. If you cut it clean enough, you can reuse the removed panel as a hinged door.

draop the tank it is easier than taking the bed off and you don't need any help if it is below a 1/4 tank

-
Back