15x10 after moving springs

-
Moving the springs in will only allow another 1.5" of tire and wheel your next problem is the inner fender lip so a mini tub is in order.......I am doing it on a 67 Dart right now and will be runnig 15X10 Steelies with dog dish caps......5.5" offset with a 315/60/15 MT ET street Radial or Hoosier Equivalent. Since I am cutting the frame rails etc, I made my own spring boxes and Triangulated 4 Link with Coil over. I figured may as well while I am in there. The Link that I pieced together cost me right at 525.00 and is adjustable on Both ends with 1.5" Diameter Tubes. Shocks are another 400-600.......Alot cheaper than the Street Lynx Kit. It looks just like the street lynx kit except the tubes are bigger and FULLY ADJUSTABLE. I also am welding the whole kit in instead of doing a bolt on like there's is.

15X10 Steelies with dog dish caps......5.5" offset with a 315/60/15 MT ET street Radial

I am also running 15x10's (Welds) with 5 inches of backspace, and there is no way that tire would fit in the wheel well without mini-tubbing it. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I am not sure it is worth it to move the springs inboard 3" unless you are going to mini-tub the car. You can also buy offset shackles that will move the springs in to fit bigger tires.

I do not have any experience with the offset shackles, I did the mini-tub at the same time I moved the springs in. Someone else will have to give you the specifics on the offset's.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Is yours on the ground now tearing up the streets??

Close...real close. Right now, it still only "looks" fast living on jack stands in the garage...8)

I am looking for some 4.30/4.56 gears and a Sure-grip. That should be the last piece of the puzzle. I could run the 3.23's, but I do not want to tear it back down again to change them. (I know, poor excuse...)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

So what is the biggest tire anyone has fit with just a spring relocation kit? I made a little mock up piece today with a piece of fiberboard to see tire sizes and it looks like a 275 would fit if I rolled the fender lips and moved the springs without tubbing. The mock up was a 28" circle and at the end I drilled a hole and put in a cardboard tube that I could slide back and forth to adjust "backspacing". The tube ended up being pretty much 275 mm wide, though it was a very tight 275...

My experience with running 15x10 on my '72 Duster isn't too good. I have 4 3/4 inch back spacing on my Centerline Drag Lights and would never do it again. I would go with 15x8's PERIOD!!!!

The number one main reason is; it severely limits the tires that you can buy. There are very few tires that require 10" wide rims that will fit under your car even if you move your springs. Go to http://www.tirerack.com and do some research on wide tires that will fit under your car that actually require rims that are 10" wide. The selection is very limited. All tires that will fit in your wheel wells will work with 8" wide rims.

My next set will be 15x8 with 4 inch backspace.

I have a 1968 Dart GT, daily driver. In other words it turns and goes over lots of bumps over the course of its travels..

I installed Offset Spring Mounts and rolled the inner fender-lip.

My maximum wheel-well width at this time is exactly 12".

I have Cragar SS wheels (15 X 8"), 5" backspace.

My rear tires are BFG 255/60R-15

This is the largest wheel/ tire combo I can fit without minitubbing

I have about 5/8" clearance on either side of the tire. Tire rubbing is not an issue.

I have an ADDCO sway Bar up front to stabilize roll.

I hope this helps..8)

DartGT010107010.jpg

-
Back