15x28x10.50 Mt sportsman pro's

-

69superbee

Pete E
Reaction score
hiya folks ,

i bought new centerlines with 15x8 with a 4 7/8s offset.and the mt sportsman pro tires as mentioned above.

my springs are relocated with the mopar kit in my 74 big block dart. back space is no problem.

now for my question..... how in the heck are you guys fitting these rim/tire combination under these cars without having to cut up the quarter panels?
as it stands i would barely have 1/4 of an inch of quarter panel lip left after i cut the crap outta them to fit the wheel. i havent ran into and forward clearance problems it looks like it will work. i mean i cant rol the inner lip enough to get the clearance. i think i may end up with about 1/4th of an inch of clearance if i chop them up.. but i hate to do this to a new quarter panel.

any suggestions on rim offsets available so i can get these nice tires under the car? could i drop down to like a 7 inch wheel and it wouldnt ball the tire up?
lol !!!! i have even thought of sending my axles back to moser and having them recut and narrowing my housing an inch but i would like to be ready for opening day at the track. and i think cash would prevent me from this at this time. thanks

- pete

Sounds to me that you should have bought wheels with more backspace. Since you have room toward the spring, another 1/2" of backspace would give you 1/2" more at the quarter panel. I fit 275-60-15 mt drag radials with just the offset spring package in my duster. Some wheel companies will make special offsets (of course for an extra charge).

If you have mini tubbed the car Centerline sells the autodrags in 15X9 with 7.25" backspacing and 15X10.5" with 7.25" backspacing. they will move the rim/tire in a good amount. My 275-60-15s are pretty close to the 1/4 panel with 4-7/8" backspacing also.

i just went with what i was reading on the boards for rim fit on the dart.

but, i didnt read close enough i didnt know i would have to cut that much out of the quarter panel lip. ok... back to the drawing board :book:

-
Back