15x4's street?

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
What combo are you guys running for the front of your early -a- bodies? I have the generic jegs/summit draglite knockoffs on my '64 and have been running 15x7's all around with low profiles on the front. problem is that even with them the offset is a bit too wide. I was thinking of ordering the 15x4's but am not sure if thats too skinny? with about a 27 inch tall tire in back does anyone have a recommendation for a front tire that would give it a slight "big and little" look? Johnny.

You shouldnt have any problems running that narrow of a wheel. The summit knockoffs are one piece so they are pretty strong. I myself run 15x3.5 pro stars on the front of my amc spirit on the street.

I,m also gonna be getting some skinny,s in the near future,so I,m interested also.Camd64 are you running disc up front?I need to know what b.spacing will clear the caliper.Sorry I,m no help.:pirat:

Sorry I didnt see your reply untill now. Ill try and have the size by tomorrow. I know the tires were fairly cheap.

15x4 billet specialty street lites on mine mounted on cheap 165/80R15 Nexen radials...running discs in the front and the wheels have 2.25 backspace on them...as far as street driving goes, i havent done any yet but will do my best to avoid bumpy roads..i only went 15x4 because the wheels i have only came in 4 or 6 inch width, and i wanted 5, so i went with the smaller one...in my opinion 5 is the perfect size for the front, so if you could get em that size i would...4 inch welds on the front would kinda scare me in any street car

15x4 billet specialty street lites on mine mounted on cheap 165/80R15 Nexen radials...running discs in the front and the wheels have 2.25 backspace on them...as far as street driving goes, i havent done any yet but will do my best to avoid bumpy roads..i only went 15x4 because the wheels i have only came in 4 or 6 inch width, and i wanted 5, so i went with the smaller one...in my opinion 5 is the perfect size for the front, so if you could get em that size i would...4 inch welds on the front would kinda scare me in any street car
Going Pro/Street.

hey camd64, i run 15x4's on the front of my wagon with coker bias ply tires on the front. i have 28" tall tires in the back. oh and the skinny's make turning a breeze with no power steering.

PB182640.jpg

I,m also gonna be getting some skinny,s in the near future,so I,m interested also.Camd64 are you running disc up front?I need to know what b.spacing will clear the caliper.Sorry I,m no help.:pirat:

yup I have the master power disc brake kit. I should be getting the wheels soon so Ill let you know how the fit is.

same problem here, my wheels only come 15x4 then jump to 15x7. I looked online at 185/65r15's but I'm not sure how well the sidewall bulge would be. seems quite a few guys run the 165's. thanks.

hey camd64, i run 15x4's on the front of my wagon with coker bias ply tires on the front. i have 28" tall tires in the back. oh and the skinny's make turning a breeze with no power steering.

The wagon looks sweet with that wheels and tire combo slantscamp. I like the idea of the easy turning too since I have the flaming river 16:1 manual box. its not that bad but I can see how everyday it could start to be a real pain parking and u-turns.

same problem here, my wheels only come 15x4 then jump to 15x7. I looked online at 185/65r15's but I'm not sure how well the sidewall bulge would be. seems quite a few guys run the 165's. thanks.

heres a pic of mine with the 165's and 15x4's

IMG_0905.jpg

-
Back