15x7 steel wheels on 72 dart

-

72lidart

Reaction score
I purchased a set of 15 x 7 steel wheels with 4.25 backspacing. I know that they will fit the rears will i have any problems with the fronts. Any ideas of what size rubber I should go with. I really want to use BFG radial TA.

That seems like a big back space. I'm not sure the fronts will like it. Wait for the been there done that crew to chime in.

The front stock size tire I beileve is a 205/70/14. I have 215/70/14's on the front of my Duster now and they rub the fender in reverse and jounce while going foward. Up front, width is not really the issue on the outside, but the inside along with the overall diameter of the tire.

On the rear, I know you can get preety wide before rolling the lip.

rumblefish, your tire is wider and taller than stock. as long as you go with a lower profile when you get a wider tire you should be ok. id think u could fit a 225/50 or 55 on there and still have a decent sidewall. use a tire calculator to help with sizing

Been there done that! I run those on my 71 with 225/60-15 BFG T/A's. No problems whatsoever. heres a pic for ya

100_0609.jpg

100_0606.jpg

rumblefish, your tire is wider and taller than stock. as long as you go with a lower profile when you get a wider tire you should be ok. id think u could fit a 225/50 or 55 on there and still have a decent sidewall. use a tire calculator to help with sizing

I have 215/70/14's on the front of my Duster
Stock size is 205-70-14. When the time comes, I'll be looking to stuff the rear, not so mouch the front.

-
Back