15x8 Cragars 4.0 bolt circle are here

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
They take the same 60 degree conical lugs as the front so they say but I also got shank lugs. I was told to make bushings and use the shank lugs . Very nice wheels. The chrome is much nicer then the old cragars and welded construction with Steel centers. I have three 6's and two 8's. Todd bought a spare .

100_0019.JPG

100_0020.JPG

100_0021.JPG

100_0200.JPG

Gotta love Cragars. They look good and period correct for our old Mopars.

4 inch bolt pattern wheels are getting hard to find. Especially 15 inch. They have one of each left . I was considering buying them. But I need to buy the wheels for the Demon race car. . $3000.00 for the rears alone. At that price we may use our old draglite fronts
My son also bought torque thrust II's . 15x4's and 15x8's for the Barracuda. I havent unboxed the fronts yet. We mounted a slick on a 8" rear to check fitment. They are 4.5 back space. The 8" Cragars are 4.25 Back space

Don't get me wrong I like the factory rally wheels. But they are getting old to look at. I wish they would make other 4.0 bolt circle wheels in 15 inch. Like aluminum slots or similar.

100_0110.JPG

I could only find one 15 x6 at summit. No one else has any and the prices keep going up

I wouldn't use a shank on a wheel designed for a conical nut. That's what Cragar is doing with their latest wheel runs, going to the conical seat because it lasts longer and is safer.

If you like the NASCAR look, I think Vision Wheel still makes their "Soft-8" black steelies in the 4" lug pattern.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use a shank on a wheel designed for a conical nut. That's what Cragar is doing with their latest wheel runs, going to the conical seat because it lasts longer and is safer.
Not if the factory studs are too short. I'll take shank style mags, anytime, over conicals.

Check with Wheel Vintiques. I seem to remember seeing them in their catalog.

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=Awr9ImjtVBli1jEA0iFpCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1645856110/RO=10/RU=https://www.wheelvintiques.com//RK=0/RS=40kVNLnpz2If7XqS5fpf3J1VVN0-

My mistake, no cop wheels in 5x4. A bunch of 5x4 steelies, but all in 15" diameter, except for Rallys.
They don't have the plain steelies. I sure as hell wish they did. I called and they said they don't know when they'll have them. The 15 x 7 plain steelies with the 4" backspacing are the wheels I want to run.

I have the 15x8 & 15x6 conical seat cragars on mine. They seem to work really well. Haven’t loosened up after a couple of years. I like them better than mag lug nuts.

They don't have the plain steelies. I sure as hell wish they did. I called and they said they don't know when they'll have them. The 15 x 7 plain steelies with the 4" backspacing are the wheels I want to run.

Summit has 7" on backorder.
The 6" and 8" in stock..
I bought the small bolt 8" with 4" BS but it really is 4.25 BS to the wheel lip (and 4" to the back side of the bead seat)

Wheel Vintiques 63-575404 Wheel Vintiques 63 Series O.E. Chrysler Black Wheels | Summit Racing

Ships Directly From Supplier
Estimated Ship Date: 5/25/2022 (if ordered today)

I have the 15x8 & 15x6 conical seat cragars on mine. They seem to work really well. Haven’t loosened up after a couple of years. I like them better than mag lug nuts.
If your studs are long enough, they're fine.
I don't know much about the new Cragars, (the only cragars I own are a pair of old supertrick skinny fronts) but my new conical seat torque thrusts have about a half inch thick centers, and I bet that isn't real safe with a stock 3/4" long stud. Maybe 5-7 threads in the lug? I would prefer a shank mag lug with 14 threads, thanks.
The conical wheel works for me, cause everything i have already has 3" studs, front and rear.
I might be ticked off if I found out I had to change 20 studs, and maybe pull the axles to do it, just to put on my new conical lug wheels.........

-
Back