16x7 rear wheel

-

ashton1024

Reaction score
torque thrust from newstalgia wheel. can get between 3.75 and 4.25 backspacing.

will this work on my stock 67 bcuda notchback? if so whats the biggest tire i can get without rubbing?

well lets see whats the wheel base on a 67? i would think they would because you can fit a 17-18 on the back of a duster and i thought they had the same wheel base? correct me if im wrong. it also depends on what size tires your going to be running these variables all play out

well lets see whats the wheel base on a 67? i would think they would because you can fit a 17-18 on the back of a duster and i thought they had the same wheel base? correct me if im wrong. it also depends on what size tires your going to be running these variables all play out

Wheelbase won't have an effect on the rear tire spacing between the inner and outer wheel houses and leaf springs.

Wheelbase is the distance between the centerline of the front and rear axles.

The drum to drum width the of the rear end will have an effect on rear tire fitment.

thanks..i like the bfg g-force sport 245/50wr16 tire

Go with the 16x7 with 4.25 backpacing.

I have 245/50/15 with 15x8 and 4.5 backspacing on my 68 Notchback. It's a little close on the inside, but I have never rubbed. I have an 8.75 rear end with stock small bolt pattern axles that have been redrilled to larger pattern. If you have aftermarket axles, they have a thicker flange and the rim will be pushed out an additional 1/4" or so.

That taller tire/rim combo will still fit fine.

The outside dimensions and position will dictate the clearance. When you figure out the height, width and in/out position (backspace/offset) you will be able to compare the fitment of a 245/50/16 someone running a 245/60/14 on a 14x7 rim with 4.25 backspacing. Both those situation have the same outside dimensions and positions.

I find this visual calculator very helpful:

http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/rt_specs.jsp

I'm running 17" X 8" polished torq-thrust wheels @ the rear of my 'Cuda convertible with 245/45/17 tires.....these are the basic offset that comes with 17 X 8's, not a special offset or anything. I did use that MP kit to move the rear leaf springs inboard about 11/16" though.....but on the outer sides of the wheels, there is still a decent amount of space....I could've ran a little more tire before it would hit the wheelwell opening lip.

thanks guys..anybody have pictures of the rear stance with a similiar setup. I have sbp stock axles on an 8 3/4. The wheels will be drilled for sbp.

-
Back