17 and 18 wheel combo

-

mopar420

Reaction score
Ok ive done alot of reading on here and still kinda confused but dont know why! But on my 74 duster im wanting to go with the foose legends on the front which to go with or will they fit the 1mm offset with 4.00 backspacing or the +7mm offset with 4.25 back spacing 17x7 And on the back im doing a spring relocation kit and running stock rear 18x9 but the options im looking at are +20 offset with 5.75 back spacing and +7mm with 5.25 back spacing please let me know what will fit and i dont have to jack my car up in the air for them to fit! Thanks

This might seem obvious advice but you should actually measure your own car to determine what will fit and what won't.

thats just the thing im in iraq redeploying home soon and i was hopeing to have the wheels at home waiting on me but i understand where yall are coming from! Thanks

I am going to have to agree with the general consensus here. Although you are probably real excited to get back home and work on the '74, take into consideration that Ma Mopar didn't have the best record when it came to centering rear axle assemblies. This, plus the fact that you are going with larger wheels would make me real leary about buying anything until you took measurements at all four corners. Also, you have to give your tire size some serious thought as well. Stay safe out there & keep firing questions about the '74. By the time you get home, you might have the entire car built on paper or in your head. ;)

thanks and ive notice the Ma mopar wasnt very good at centering the rearends it is a little off center to the right ive noticd in all the pics ive taken of the car over the resto the first time! i will take that in comsideration and just wait till i get home to get all the right measurements i need! i just hope ot all works out to my good and ill keep asking ? as needed thanks for ur support!

Hey MoPar420,
In case nobody's said it recently THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Get home safely, we want to see the car completed.
Andrew

My family and I humbly appreciate your service :salut:

Just food for thought:
Car - 73 Duster 7/14 rear stock leaf location. factory thru k-frame sway bar and calipers on the front.

I'm running 15x7 furd exploder wheels with 4 7/8 backspace with 205/60/15 tires. With the stock spring location the tires would rub the leaf springs during hard cornering. The fronts have no issues with that high of a BS.

The issue that I had was that, although the fronts were about correct to the body, the rears were tucked up under the body so much that it looked goofy. I went with 2 inch billet bolt on spacers until I can get a new rear put under the car....

Ooo, I feel a how to / DIY make your own backspace gauge coming on...

-
Back