170 /6, Whats it worth? And where can I get one?

-
Mike
i've been reading your posts ever since Rob and Greenhornet came up with the help you out thing i even donated a 904 tranny for your cause, i also think Rob would have that car up and going for ya if he wasnt so far away did you get your gas tank fixed? what other stuff is lacking on the dart to get it to stay running? i also see that your in gainesville is your dart there aswell that is a hop,skip,and a jump away from me as im in nicholson and if you want give me some gas money and i'll help you get that 318 up and running i understand life gets complicated at times but stay focused
let me know what needs fixed so i'll know what tools to bring
Terry
I think its mostly tuning it and getting the fuel pump hooked up all the way. I'm kinda lost on the fast idle screw thing because whoever had this carb before me boogered it up pretty bad and I have never really set one and I have never tuned a car before. I have the gas tank and sending unit on and new rubber lines and a fuel filter and everything is hooked up and I rebuilt the carb which was a first for me

DarTT, I don't know you at all or know the exact situation, but from reading Stroker's post, it sounds like a lot of people spent their time and money to help you out with your build. Now if people are donating to your build, that must mean that you came on here and showed people you really have an interest in this hobby, you just don't have the money to build a running car. Sounds like some people banded together and gave you a good start on your project. Stroker himself sounds like he's going way out of his way to help you out with this deal.

Now you're on here wanting to build a twin turn EFI 170 with a 4 speed? If I were one of the people that donated, I would demand my parts back. It's one thing if they donated the money to turn a slant car into a v8 and you ran into an emergency to where you just have to find a cheap slant to throw in and get around town. But thats not the case. You want to build a performance slant with what money? While what donated parts are just laying around? If thats the case then that is total BS and one of the reasons why people will stop donating their time and money to help other people out.

It sounds like your living situation sucks, I get that. But you can't come on here with this sob story saying you need to build a twin turbo EFI slant six to get back on your feet. When people get kicked out of the house with little money, they go and buy a 91 GEO Metro. They don't go building performance engines.

Build the small block or return peoples parts they so graciously gave you. Building a turbo motor is ridiculous if you ask me.

I get the impression Mike was just "bench racing" with the turbo /6 discussion.

Bench racing/dreaming comes cheap, we have all done it, and sometimes when things aren't going so good, it is nice and healthy to dream.

Hang in there Mike, things will get better, but just stay focused on the task at hand.

-
Back