17s on a 72

-
it does handle good for stock junk. i like it. i find myself accelerating around turns.

it does handle good for stock junk. i like it. i find myself accelerating around turns.

thats a weird feeling isn't it. so used to slowing down for curves that its weird that i find myself speeding up when i see a turn now..lol

Can't wait to get the fronts on mine. I bought Ford wheels and had no trouble in the rear, but the front's gonna cause me a little rework, to make the hub fit inside the wheels. Luckily I run a cnc lathe for a living and I just need to catch a day when the Boss is stuck in meetings, so I can turn down the hub on my front discs.
I went with as tall a tire as I could find locally and that turned out to be a 235/55-17. I sure hope it fits OK in the front?

Can't wait to get the fronts on mine. I bought Ford wheels and had no trouble in the rear, but the front's gonna cause me a little rework, to make the hub fit inside the wheels. Luckily I run a cnc lathe for a living and I just need to catch a day when the Boss is stuck in meetings, so I can turn down the hub on my front discs.
I went with as tall a tire as I could find locally and that turned out to be a 235/55-17. I sure hope it fits OK in the front?

Oh man that is nice to be able to do that

i know it's not a dart,but close!
deb8.jpg

deb6.jpg
275-40-17 rears

deb8.jpg

deb6.jpg

thanks alot guys, ill start looking for an 8" or 9" wide rim.

BTW
1quickscamp i love how your car looks, i hope my scamp come out looking that good when im done with it. just out of curiosity whats the color on it?

Good thread, so will a 9" or even a 9.5" wheel with 4.5 BS clear in the rear of a dart? I know this is old, but good pics and info here...

I have 18x8 on My dart, with 4.5 backspace, springs moved in but no mini tub, lip was cut on fenders.

Mike
100_3574.jpg

100_3577.jpg

-
Back