19 years old.....

-
…do you know how to dial a phone number without pushbuttons? Do you know what this is?

images

I DO I DO!!!!!! I have TWO rotary phones.....one 1920s model candlestick that I restored myself and my wife has an antique my cousin gave her that uses the thingie in your picture!!!

At my age you are thankful for everyday above dirt. I remember when smog pumps came out. I also remember when hot ridding was cool. We had the Monkeys in a wild gto and even Herman munster had a cool hearse rod. Tom Slick and Speed Racer were Boss. He'll I remember when radials came out.Yeah to be 16 again. 99 cent 6 packs and 19 cents a pound chicken filled many an afternoon sipping cold ones and grilling yard bird. Life was good.

Last week I was telling my nine-year old that when I was younger we used to dial 999 instead of 911 for emergency, but that was changed to make it easier to dial. After a couple of minutes, she looked at me and said "Dad, I think 999 would be easier" That's when I had to explain what a rotary phone was.. lol.

As far as 19? I don't remember much.. and that's probably a good thing :)

Grant

I'm turning the big 5 0 this year!! I wouldn't mind feeling 19 again but holy cow I'm not sure I'd want to redo all those years again!!

…do you know how to dial a phone number without pushbuttons? Do you know what this is?

images

That makes me laugh. still have some of those. you never know when they will come around again. And yes the rotery phones and party lines, hell you could have the whole town listen to your conversation. Staying up late at night so that i could tune in WOLF MAN JACK on my little transister radio OWwwwwa ha ha ha this is wolf man jack!
Does anyone still carry a church key? I love this thread.

I would settle for 43 .....had 3 girlfriends going on at the sametime....

Boy, all you guys are youngsters.
At 19 years old, i was just joining up with the Air Force.
The young guy behind the cash register counter gave me a seniors discount at the Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard, this past weekend. :lol:
By the way, i'm 58.

Bleh, I'm 19 and feel like I got it harder than most of you teens. I'm paying for college myself, with not that many hours at work. I have to fix my car and pay my parents back for the court fees and stuff. I have no money which means I won't be driving the cuda this summer. And to top it off, I think I hit the phase where your parents start to annoy you later than most as it's just started happening after I crashed. My dad is really starting to bug me for no reason.

I don't wish I was 16 again, hell I'm 19 and can't wait to get into my 20s. Yes there were some nice memories from childhood and teen years but from most of what I remember (which is quite a lot compared to most people I know) it was mostly boredom and frustration at having my life controlled by my parents, schoolteachers, etc. I still can't wait to finally graduate college and make a living for myself instead of living off my parents. I'm thankful of course but I hate having to constantly worry about spending too much of my dad's money and not making quite enough for myself.

Time does feel like it has sped up a bit too much though, that's how I really know I'm growing up. 16-19 felt like a month compared to any of the time before then, and I'm sure it's going to get worse...

\I hit the phase where your parents start to annoy you later than most as it's just started happening after I crashed. My dad is really starting to bug me for no reason.

This is just not going to come out sounding the way I mean it, no matter how I phrase it: How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on; I would gladly endure intense daily annoyance by my father if it meant I could have him back. He died of cancer eleven years ago next month, just shy of his 58th birthday.

I'm 53 & I still can't get used to being called sir. Every time I hear that, I turn around to see who the old guy is, but there's noone there. Was a time the only people who called me sir were the arresting officers. Now those arresting officers are my poker buddies.
When did this all happen??????????

This is just not going to come out sounding the way I mean it, no matter how I phrase it: How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on; I would gladly endure intense daily annoyance by my father if it meant I could have him back. He died of cancer eleven years ago next month, just shy of his 58th birthday.

I was going to comment on this also. Take it for what its worth. your seeing the world through 19 year old eyes. You bump heads because you know that most of the time hes probably right. He dosen't want you to make the same mistakes he did. Hes not trying to run your life hes being a dad. Your 19 and into your self, your in a world of one and you come first. This is natural we all go through it and the older you get the smarter your dad will become. Thank God you have a dad that loves you enough to be annoying.

The good thing about getting older is you have more cash to put in your car.
The bad thing is you are a little slower on working on them.

-
Back