1911 nuts!! Need Help

-
Not sure but here is a link to a blog that guy must have tested one out. They are made by Rock River Arms.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rock-river-arms-polymer-1911/

Try to google as well Polymer 1911s there might be others making them. I don't know if they are making them in officers size. I think when you get to that size it causes a lot of them to have problems and there are a few out on the market that have a good track record. The Rock Island being oen of them.

i wonder why they would have issues... my colt Mark IV series 80 is amazing... just would rather keep it mint and not carry it ya know!

Well if its got to be a 1911
For 2K you can not go wrong w/ a Les Baer !
For 1K you can not go wrong w/ a Sig 1911 !
Best bang for buck Springfield A1 & froglube the crap out of it !
For the money $500-$600 Glocks are your best buy !
Best shooting pistols i ever shot .. HK P7 .. in any & all variants !
Yes i do own at least 1 of all above !
Peace

i wonder why they would have issues... my colt Mark IV series 80 is amazing... just would rather keep it mint and not carry it ya know!

Something about the guide rod being different and the way the round makes it recoil. I guess the cycle rate is what causes some of them to jam.

The 1911 was never meant to be less then a 5" barrel and ot do that now changes the design slitly.

If you want to keep it nice looking and a safe queen that gets shot once in a while I wouldnt look for it as a carry gun.

The GLOCKs are great guns M&Ps are really giving the GLOCKs a run for their money and I'm looking at getting one of those in the future. The only thing I dont like about them is the back strap and changing them out I think that would wear out on them.

I have thought of selling my GLOCK and going straight 1911 for carry. I feel like my PARA GI is leighter then my GlOCK G19. I would be carring less round (Two mags and one in the gun means three total) that would be 21 rounds if I carry a 7 round mag and if I carry an 8 round mag it means I will have 3 more rounds making it 24.

My G19 has a 15 round mag in it and one in the chamber and two ten round mags.

I wont own a Hi Cap 1911.

They might only let you carry their issue weapons.

My law enforcement buddies fudge this any way they can, for instance their shotguns are supposed to be loaded with certain loads but they are like " screw that" and have two 3" slugs followed by 00 buck in 3" magnum....to make sure what needs to be dead is dead so when it comes down to it they would rather be alive and get their *** chewed out for ignoring procedure than to be dead in a box.

Your father is correct. We carried 357's for many years for that very reason until the gang issues and semi and automatic weapons. We then switched to S&W 9mm in 1990. Within a few years we moved to the 40cal. I left in 2007 and I know they switched out but not sure what they are carrying now.

I wish you well. I can shed this bit of information, while the shooting of an officer or trooper is always tragic, it is a given fact that more officers are killed in the line of duty in motor vehicle related incidents than shootings.

Something about the guide rod being different and the way the round makes it recoil. I guess the cycle rate is what causes some of them to jam.

The 1911 was never meant to be less then a 5" barrel and ot do that now changes the design slitly.

If you want to keep it nice looking and a safe queen that gets shot once in a while I wouldnt look for it as a carry gun.

The GLOCKs are great guns M&Ps are really giving the GLOCKs a run for their money and I'm looking at getting one of those in the future. The only thing I dont like about them is the back strap and changing them out I think that would wear out on them.

I have thought of selling my GLOCK and going straight 1911 for carry. I feel like my PARA GI is leighter then my GlOCK G19. I would be carring less round (Two mags and one in the gun means three total) that would be 21 rounds if I carry a 7 round mag and if I carry an 8 round mag it means I will have 3 more rounds making it 24.

My G19 has a 15 round mag in it and one in the chamber and two ten round mags.

I wont own a Hi Cap 1911.

personally... i like the officers because its light and SHORT... making a fast draw... having 15 rounds is great but if it wont do thru a windshield or something else its not worth it...

and my 1911 isn't a safe queen by any means but its not what i want to carry... at least THAT one...

Your father is correct. We carried 357's for many years for that very reason until the gang issues and semi and automatic weapons. We then switched to S&W 9mm in 1990. Within a few years we moved to the 40cal. I left in 2007 and I know they switched out but not sure what they are carrying now.

I wish you well. I can shed this bit of information, while the shooting of an officer or trooper is always tragic, it is a given fact that more officers are killed in the line of duty in motor vehicle related incidents than shootings.

yea the stats are interesting... its not even in the top 5 anymore i think...

and if i was rural i would carry a .357 but i dont want it to go for 3 miles AFTER i nail the guy... but i sure as hell dont want it to not get thru what i need either...

I have an RIA in a 3.5" barrel otherwise known as a compact. Out of the box I had issues with ejection (straight back into my forehead), shooting low and not feeding hollow points. I took it to a well known gunsmith out here and had adjustible Novak sights installed, feed ramps polished and had them tune the ejector. Close to a 1000 rounds later it shoots directly on target after sighting in, the ejection is to the right where it should be and I've had zero ftf or fte problems. Total invested including the price of the weapon? 875 bucks. I'm still trying to find some ammo it won't feed of eject. I had a Glock model 23 too and you can't go wrong with it either.

Both great pistols. Pick the one you're most comfortable with and with similiar controls to your duty weapon so you won't have to think about it in an emergency.

I have an RIA in a 3.5" barrel otherwise known as a compact. Out of the box I had issues with ejection (straight back into my forehead), shooting low and not feeding hollow points. I took it to a well known gunsmith out here and had adjustible Novak sights installed, feed ramps polished and had them tune the ejector. Close to a 1000 rounds later it shoots directly on target after sighting in, the ejection is to the right where it should be and I've had zero ftf or fte problems. Total invested including the price of the weapon? 875 bucks. I'm still trying to find some ammo it won't feed of eject. I had a Glock model 23 too and you can't go wrong with it either.

Both great pistols. Pick the one you're most comfortable with and with similiar controls to your duty weapon so you won't have to think about it in an emergency.

thats great that the issue could be fixed... not that it should have been there but great it was a fixable deal...

absolutely love my rock (RIA), paid $405 out the door for gov't model. Only problem ever was the sights sucked. replaced with those with three dot style from fusion, match grade trigger, spring and a few other goodies. less than 6 in the gun and couldn't be happier.

If you really want to spend 2K buy Wilson combat commander model. Or spend 5 or 6 on RIA and have a good dependable gun. Just my 2 cents.

mine
DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1173-1.jpg

absolutely love my rock (RIA), paid $405 out the door for gov't model. Only problem ever was the sights sucked. replaced with those with three dot style from fusion, match grade trigger, spring and a few other goodies. less than 6 in the gun and couldn't be happier.

If you really want to spend 2K buy Wilson combat commander model. Or spend 5 or 6 on RIA and have a good dependable gun. Just my 2 cents.

mine
DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1173-1.jpg

i dont want to spend 2K on a sidearm but im willing to... thats a nice 1911 for sure... but its a Govt... just to big...

but i'll keep them in mind...

mine
DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1173-1.jpg

checked out their site and they do have a "officers/compact" size...

thanks for the info! i can always have it worked...

ok guys at PT today i was talking with the firearms trainer and they give you a sig P229 or 226 .40 cal... you are not allowed to carry anything else on the job but i still think i'll get the kimber for offduty...

-
Back