1920 holley rebuild kit

-

DaisyDart

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I cant find a 1920 holley rebuild kit anywhere!? nothing local and nothing online from what ive searched.
Anyone know of any places still offering this rebuild kit?!
Thanks!!

I have bought a couple from AutoZone (I don't know what is available in your area).

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...terByKeyWord=carburetor+kit&fromString=search

I noticed they've gone up in price a bit since last I bought. Sometimes they pop up on ebay or someone here might have one to sell.

Before I switched out my slant six I rebuilt one a couple of times and never had any luck with the fuel bowl gasket that came in the GP Sorensen kit. It always seemed to like to leak gas everywhere. I have a few cork gaskets I bought off of ebay a while back that I can send you if you find one of these kits and don't like the gasket.

I used the same one NukeBass did, had the same problems as he did with the leaking fuel bowl as well.

I used this company when I rebuilt my three 1920's. Seemed to be a good kit and worked well. They are ethanol friendly as well.

www.daytonaparts.com

Autozone has the Sorensen brand kits.

Mike's Carburetors sells kits and is the only supplier of new floats for 1920 (that I know of). They also supply welch plugs intheir kits so you do more in getting the carb apart. They also have good re-build videos.

Be aware that the choke pull off and the accelerator pumps shafts changed in production over the years (and some other parts) so you may need to get different parts depending on your exact list number of 1920. Sorensen and Mike's have multiple 1920 kits for this reason so get the carburetor list number first.

-
Back