1958 Dodge

-
1ED32F9F-752C-4D92-A396-BFD62DD0B4A4.gif

BC12743D-0F6E-41C1-AFF7-7A413C98A7DF.gif

Got them both, not perfect, but have you seen the car?

Screenshot_20220416-191005.jpg

Jumped in the 62 this morning, drove it back to where it and the 58 came from to pay a visit.
Checked on some old friends that are still there.

20220820_191125.jpg

20220821_102117.jpg

20220821_102129.jpg

Damn. Thats a treasure trove of early muscle. What's under the hood of the black fury with the hood scoop?

I took the most horrible video ever of the 57, tires, wood, junk all around, no room to turn around, couldn't touch car.
It was so hot, my phone overheated and shut down the camera, and that's were taking pics or video ends.

345 DeSoto hemi.

I couldn't see under the car, or even get close to look, so I shoved my phone under it.
Looked at the video when I got home, holy moly, look at that frame and those floors!

Last edited:
My daughter wants this Valiant, but she loves the 58 Coronet. I don't really have room for the cars we have, and I think (know) the $ is better off being spent on the Coronet.
But, still a great little car, so maybe? I'd have to store it outdoors somehow, and it deserves better.
Finally got the hood open.
1962 Valiant Signet 200

20220821_105314.jpg

20220821_105932.jpg

Seems there aren't many cars left, at least way less than last time.
70 Dart is close to being exposed, more so at the front, maybe.
It's a rust free serious muscle car, built 440 and trans, I forget the rear, but built to take the 440.
Iirc, all new interior, not installed.
Don't see rust free in these parts, or cars that have been covered for decades.
If I didn't have an a-body, I'd own this.

20211205_145653.jpg

The Coronet is ready to run.
Surprised that the starter and the fuel pump work. I bought a small block mopar pump with an adapter, but didn't need it.
I filed the points and got a weak spark, then noticed the negative coil wire was wasted. Replaced and it sparks like crazy.

All the fluids are clean and full.

After a few cranks, before I had spark, no oil up to the valvetrain.

I should have attempted to prime it before I had the manifold back on, but I'm not even sure my big block priming rod will fit.
I'm not even sure the dizzy will come up and out without removing the heater above it.

Crank it until it runs and make sure oil comes up? Too risky?

20220911_180517.jpg

The Coronet is ready to run.
Surprised that the starter and the fuel pump work. I bought a small block mopar pump with an adapter, but didn't need it.
I filed the points and got a weak spark, then noticed the negative coil wire was wasted. Replaced and it sparks like crazy.

All the fluids are clean and full.

After a few cranks, before I had spark, no oil up to the valvetrain.

I should have attempted to prime it before I had the manifold back on, but I'm not even sure my big block priming rod will fit.
I'm not even sure the dizzy will come up and out without removing the heater above it.

Crank it until it runs and make sure oil comes up? Too risky?

View attachment 1715984178
Pull the covers and oil the rockers and shafts. They are solids so no issue getting it to light with no oil up top. If you have spark and the carb is primed you should be good.

What if it's not just the valve train? Crank and cam getting oil?
That's what I'm wondering. I'm betting the priming rod is different for a small block Mopar, which I think would work with this 325, and I have a bb one.
Also, not sure if you need to turn the crank like a bb during priming.

I'm not completely against starting it and checking for oil being pumped around, just not sure how it flows.

I will see if the dizzy will come out easy, but I don't think I have anything to prime it with, handy anyway.

I'm betting the priming rod is different for a small block Mopar, which I think would work with this 325, and I have a bb one.
Also, not sure if you need to turn the crank like a bb during priming.

I have one priming rod which, unless my memory is completely shot, I have used on both big and small blocks. No idea about turning the crank, not sure I've done that (maybe should have?).

-
Back