1960-1962 Valiant/Lancer thread

-
My first car was a-62 Valiant and now after 27 years i bout it back

DSC00002-1.jpg

It was a slant 6 with 3 speed man but i did a swap to 318 aut from a -72 Demon,It got diskbrakes and powerbrakes an now it just want some paint

Bild10018.jpg

Bild10012-1.jpg

My first car was a-62 Valiant and now after 27 years i bout it back. It was a slant 6 with 3 speed man but i did a swap to 318 aut from a -72 Demon,It got diskbrakes and powerbrakes an now it just want some paint
Ok, now you really shouldn't just drop a photo of your Valiant with a V-8 in it without saying a bit more about the swap!:prayer:
how easy/hard was it?
what had to be modified?
is it running? how does it run?:burnout:

Ok, now you really shouldn't just drop a photo of your Valiant with a V-8 in it without saying a bit more about the swap!:prayer:
how easy/hard was it?
what had to be modified?
is it running? how does it run?:burnout:

No problem easy swap
I used almost everything from one of my Demons.
2 things neaded whith i found here on Fabo! Schumacher engine mounts for 63-66 direckt fit and centerlink for v8
Then there is thigt for batery box litle cutting neaded.
And heaterbox i cut out a corner and fitted a Mazda heatercore.
I used radiator from -72 and it is verry thigt but i had a alufan that worked.
An i had to give the floor a little bonk it was thigt around shifter linkage i use a 904 i belive a 727 whod get you problem.
And i use a race vire shifter (Turbo action) but i belive a stearing column from a -66 whod work.I am lookin for one to try.
The car runs great but a litle week i have a 360 Magnum maybe i chage next year.

Bild10006-1.jpg

you guys have some hot looking valiants over here.just to let you guys know ,i ran into this today at my local u pull n pay over here in colorado springs. a 61 valiant 6 cylinder 99 % complete and rust free .i could not believe this thing was in a junk yard ,straight as can be and its just ashamed

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,549
  • qq1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,538
you guys have some hot looking valiants over here.just to let you guys know ,i ran into this today at my local u pull n pay over here in colorado springs. a 61 valiant 6 cylinder 99 % complete and rust free .i could not believe this thing was in a junk yard ,straight as can be and its just ashamed

Any way you could get me the valance and hood trim (if the trim is the same as 62)? I have no lower valance and had to cobble up some front turn/marker lights. The hood trim on my car looks like someone mashed it up against a wall, completely flat. The bumper and headlight buckets are better than mine too.

Any way you could get me the valance and hood trim (if the trim is the same as 62)? I have no lower valance and had to cobble up some front turn/marker lights. The hood trim on my car looks like someone mashed it up against a wall, completely flat. The bumper and headlight buckets are better than mine too.
i didnt see how well the hood trim is tho i imagine it is pretty decent. i will try to get time this week and run down there and find out for you.the front valance will probably run about 40 bucks ,20 for the headlight bezels and maybe 10 for the trim,not sure about shipping but i dont think it would be to bad, i will see what i can do for you.

nutty-- the 60-61 hood trim is completely different than a 1962 style-- i do not think the grille stuff will line up either--- the front valance can be made to work-- just a little different. Lawrence

I LOVE this thread, it's inspirational!! I've collected all of the parts for the Toad's rebirth but wont be able to start work until January.

JB

What would you have to have for the tail lights shipped to 68467? Someone took a hammer and broke the center out on both of them. I fixed them with the lenses from some cheep marker lights but I don't know how long they will last.

How does your repair job look ? One of the goals of the old Slant Six Club of America was to simply keep the cars on the road. What you did was exactly what people would do, especially in the 90s when all the junkyard sources dried up,before the internet made it easier to find parts and before anyone had geared up for production of any pre 67 A body parts

Post pictures of your fix.

How does your repair job look ? One of the goals of the old Slant Six Club of America was to simply keep the cars on the road. What you did was exactly what people would do, especially in the 90s when all the junkyard sources dried up,before the internet made it easier to find parts and before anyone had geared up for production of any pre 67 A body parts

If you didn't know what it should look like you probably wouldn't know the difference. The patch has little diamonds on the inside instead of concentric circles, and I distorted the sides a little, but they lit up fine and show no white light.

Pics later.

Post pictures of your fix.

No day time pictures yet but here are some night pictures.

1 and 5 are with the lights on, 2 and 3 are just the reflection of the flash, and 3 is a new lens waiting to be put in. Camera dates are not right.
Can't figure out how to put text between pictures.

Attachments

• 100_0873.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • 100_0878.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,443
  • 100_0877.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,475
  • 100_0876.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 100_0882.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,474
Daylight photos.

"How does your repair job look ? One of the goals of the old Slant Six Club of America was to simply keep the cars on the road. What you did was exactly what people would do, especially in the 90s when all the junkyard sources dried up,before the internet made it easier to find parts and before anyone had geared up for production of any pre 67 A body parts

Post pictures of your fix."

Can't find the pics from before I fixed them.

Attachments

• 100_0883.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 100_0884.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 100_0885.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,413
  • 100_0886.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,406
just posted a 61 valiant v200 in cars for sale with pictures if anyone needs a new project or a parts car take a look if interested

nice thread its cool to see how many people have these very unique mopars
myself included current build 62 lancer gt 340 4 speed 9 with 430 posi disc brakes new paint and torque thrusts and a max wedge hood scoop

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,382
hey fellas heres my 62 170 all original. got it for 1200. has not a single body issue. had black primer. no interior. got it to a lil rat rod looking daily driver.

i am hoping to turn it into a littl ebit of a street rod with maybe the intention of racing. so street/strip. i am a handy gent but have not had a huge amount of experiance with engine swaps. ide like to go v8. i was thing 360 la. the car has what i believe to be a a904 trans in it. wich to my understanding through research is junk. correct? any and all information in this area would be so greatly appreciated. i just want to make her roar. i was planning on a tunnel ram set up. real lean and mean looking. im hoping to do this on a budget as well. so basically best cheapest set up. can i use my 904? will a sb v8 bolt to it? can i fit a bb v8 in the car itself? caus ethat would make my year haha.

thanks so much guys.

Attachments

• 394397_2327731088563_687974518_n.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 540567_2209445131488_1901659099_n.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,149
Rat wagon

Attachments

• New_Look_Lancer.jpg[1].jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,084
-
Back