1960 dodge dart pioneer

-

dragonrider

Reaction score
My family had a 60 wagon that we drove to FL. and back with a slant in it. Very cool old car.

Sweet, which 383 are you going with the low deck or RB? I think the correct set up for that year was the low deck with the long runner intakes? I love the car!

I have a '60 Dart Seneca. They really are cool old cars!! Yours looks fantastic!! Mine is in need of a lot of love at this point...

Why not go to something with bigger cubes to put the long ram manifold on? Since the 383 won't be original for the car might as well go with the "no replacement for displacement" motto...

Nice car, i agree with ab on this one 100%.
The bigger the engine the better.

Here's my Dad's '60 Polara. He's owned it since 1964. it is a real D-500 car. I don't know if he'd sell any of it, but he has 3 or 4 sets of the long rams. there are several things that indicate a real long ram car instead of a regular one.
P1020352.jpg
P1020353.jpg
P1020354.jpg

I have a set with part# 1947162 and 163. The reason why I am going with the 383 is I have a 1966 383 that I can get for $100.00!!! And it runs. So that will save a bit in the long run. I could use some parts. Like i know i will need spacers and heat tubes made to fit the headers. The carbs i was going to be using are 600cfm elder's. I can't go to high on the cam because I want to still use the original tranny set up.

these take a special cam, they don't run right without it. they'll also tear up a stock tranny. you need to do some research to run one of these right.

-
Back