1961 / 1962 Valiants at a car show today.

-

Blue62Val

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know they're not real big over there, but down here in Australia 60-62 Vals are a bit of a collector piece.
Today in my State we had the All Chrysler day, and I tried my hand at a Facebook video of our cars. Doesn't go for long, but thought some may like it.

Peter

I love early Valiants! Thanks for sharing!

I haven't seen that many Valiants in one place in.... well ever! Looks great!
We have another big show down here each year, and one year there was 3 times that amount....maybe more.

Here's some more pics....

IMG_20221016_122909_319.jpg

IMG_20221016_122916_109.jpg

IMG_20221016_123107_740.jpg

IMG_20221016_123113_772.jpg

IMG_20221016_123123_305.jpg

IMG_20221016_123146_204.jpg

IMG_20221016_123221_975.jpg

IMG_20221016_123150_075.jpg

IMG_20221016_123229_174.jpg

IMG_20221016_123318_157.jpg

Last edited:
Super cool, I've never seen so many in one place. Luv me some toads!

Cool!!!!! There would be more of them in the US, but most were crushed to make more GTOs and Camaros!!! Mine survived!

IMG_0081.JPG

Last edited:
Funny, I got no interest down underwhen I sold mine

View attachment 1716007551

Mate.....you have to understand that the conversion rate is killing Aussies at the moment. $1 Aus is about 65 cents U.S. But.....things cost about the same.

Then there's a 10% tax on the purchase price AND shipping, then there's the new checks for cars that are this old....then there's quarantine fees, and other fees......and that's even before we collect a car which needs parts that can't be bought anywhere in Australia.

I've also noticed in recent years that people in the U.S know that Aussies like these cars, and the prices sometimes are a bit inflated because of that - but when you do the math of getting them here, it just isn't worth it. You only need to see what people on U.S Ebay want for 60 - 62 Valiant bits, and the fact some of those parts have been for sale for 2 years.....it's just too expensive.

Mate.....you have to understand that the conversion rate is killing Aussies at the moment. $1 Aus is about 65 cents U.S. But.....things cost about the same.

Then there's a 10% tax on the purchase price AND shipping, then there's the new checks for cars that are this old....then there's quarantine fees, and other fees......and that's even before we collect a car which needs parts that can't be bought anywhere in Australia.

I've also noticed in recent years that people in the U.S know that Aussies like these cars, and the prices sometimes are a bit inflated because of that - but when you do the math of getting them here, it just isn't worth it. You only need to see what people on U.S Ebay want for 60 - 62 Valiant bits, and the fact some of those parts have been for sale for 2 years.....it's just too expensive.
I completely understand.
I have a friend that bleeds ford blue, that has a couple aussie customers (or at least had. I havent heard much from him lately...). They fly over, buy all the hipo ford parts my friend has, and all others they can find, and fill a container load. Im guessing they were making a tidy profit.
Maybe, it's not quite so profitable now, with the exchange rate, taxes and fees and all....

I completely understand.
I have a friend that bleeds ford blue, that has a couple aussie customers (or at least had. I havent heard much from him lately...). They fly over, buy all the hipo ford parts my friend has, and all others they can find, and fill a container load. Im guessing they were making a tidy profit.
Maybe, it's not quite so profitable now, with the exchange rate, taxes and fees and all....

Well.....that's the other thing.
People going over there on purely money making exercises. Not just enthusiasts trying to fix their old chariots - cashing in on dirt cheap bits and putting 1000% mark up on them when they return.

Well.....that's the other thing.
People going over there on purely money making exercises. Not just enthusiasts trying to fix their old chariots - cashing in on dirt cheap bits and putting 1000% mark up on them when they return.
I'm sure that was exactly what was going on.
But collector hipo Ford bits, even here, are NOT dirt cheap.

And not to forget - Aussies are driving on the wrong side of the road :)

The beauitiful Valiants above are all right-hand-drive cars. Imports are not...

I sold the wagon back in 2014. Not sure what the exchange rate was at the time.

Hi guys,

I know they're not real big over there, but down here in Australia 60-62 Vals are a bit of a collector piece.
Today in my State we had the All Chrysler day, and I tried my hand at a Facebook video of our cars. Doesn't go for long, but thought some may like it.

Peter

Cool. Thanks for sharing

-
Back