1961 Dodge Lancer, is it worth it?

-

rasosa86

Reaction score
Have this car that was left from my grandfather, I'll be fixing it, and want to know if it is worth to keep on working on it... i know he just painted it a year ago... and the engine reasambled! how much might it be worth? I'll have it and fix it little by little but how much as is?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 693
  • 2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 940
  • 3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 605
  • 4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 640
  • 5.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 711
If it was My Grandfathers car you couldn't pay me enough, if I was out to purchase one about $500. Even if I was not going to use it as a driver I would slowly fix it up back to stock and bag it for some time in the future and drive it with pride. My Grandfather died in 1951, what I would pay to have his 1938 Ford.

If it was My Grandfathers car you couldn't pay me enough, if I was out to purchase one about $500. Even if I was not going to use it as a driver I would slowly fix it up back to stock and bag it for some time in the future and drive it with pride. My Grandfather died in 1951, what I would pay to have his 1938 Ford.

Xs2. There is nothing like keeping your Grandfathers's car alive and running. He must have loved the old girl or he wouldn't have had it painted.

that thing is awesome looks awesome a lil money in that tires,interior,a lil elbow greese and a polish that would be a kickin car.

if i was looking at it id offer if i had the cash 800-900 its got potential to be worth waaaaaay more then that

Whoa!......are those little military-spec front and rear lights?!? Is this an ex-military car, or just decked out like one? I like the fact that it's a stick. In my mind....I'll give it a value of.......$1100, once it's got some fresh tires and tags on it. Those little lights on the front and rear, and that push-bar up front might help sell it, if you were to ever want to.

That's a Hollywood/Silverlake car if I ever saw one! Maybe good to put in a music video!!

That is a cool car, if I had a car that belonged to my grandpa I would keep it too.

Ditto with the other folks, family is family! I vote to keep it, put I am biased!

Is that a radio AND heater delete car? There can't be many marks on the fender tag if it's still there. Good luck with your project!

so it does run?
i vote keep it too.
it is weird how it is militarized......kind of cool though.

i'd expect that to be around $1,000 if it runs. interior is a little beat up.

Yes it runs....
And it looks militarized because it is... the car was bought to the army even though it was for my grandfather to use. He keep it for himself.

That puppy is dripping with COOL!!! I'm groovin' on it and it's downright bad to the bone looks!! Welcome to FABO by the way, looks like you brought toys!!! Geof

Like others have said, it's worth a lot as part of your Grandfather's history, especially with the military specs it has. Own it with pride.

Reminds me of my 1st car,a 61 valaint black,3-speed on the floor.I put 14" yellow wheels on it and my dad upholstered the seats in black and yellow pleated vinyl.I thought it was dripping COOL! I paid $100.00 for it in installments,But I'd give a lot more to have it back today.Keep it forever.

keep it if you can, put some 14" wheels on it & drive!! I drove 62 valiant for years, Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_7434 (2).JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 413
So of course you'll spend more money on it than you'll most likely ever get back. But that's not the point. It was grandpa's car. Nuff said.

Glenn

-
Back