1961 Plymouth Valiant

-

Nigel Hely

64DartDownUnder
Reaction score
Searching for information on behalf of my auto-transmission guy so he can help another customer.
Who makes reproduction push button auto control cables? I am presuming he wants both (selector and park) cables. I haven't seen the car, he said the car is a 1961 Plymouth Valiant and I am assuming it is still left hand drive (we are in Australia).
Are these cables interchangeable with later cars (Dart, Signet, etc)?

Wish I could help, but there are a few members selling used cables on SS.org and I did find some new ones but not cheap. That being said they were all for our left hand drive cars, not sure the difference for right hand drive!

Wish I could help, but there are a few members selling used cables on SS.org and I did find some new ones but not cheap. That being said they were all for our left hand drive cars, not sure the difference for right hand drive!
I'm pretty sure the car is still left hand drive (not mine, haven't seen it), however you are right and there is a huge difference in cables for right hand drive, at least two feet longer, if my memory serves...

Nigel, if your only problem with the old cable is that it leaks ATF, then PM me if you'd like me to explain the traditional way of repairing it.

Nigel, if your only problem with the old cable is that it leaks ATF, then PM me if you'd like me to explain the traditional way of repairing it.
Hi Bill,
It's not my car and I'm not even sure what the problem is, but I will keep you in mind for my own car if that problem ever arises.

-
Back