1963 Dart Wagon Question

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
I've been trying to unload this wagon for a long time and I've dropped the price to way below what I have in it and still have no one interested in it.
what gives?
what would you say the value of it is, and why do you think no one is interested?
it runs and drives, everything works, it has very little rust, but is a bit beat up, not terrible, but a bit.
I'm about ready to cut it into quarters and send it off for scrap I'm so disappointed in it!

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

Not sure. Ive always said if I found a wagon that had roof damage I would cut it up into an AP6 ute, but yours looks in too good of shape to cut up.

$1500 obo it should be gone, I think the biggest problem is your location
That wagon would be gone if it was centrally located :thumblef: Like Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee area, I would customize the int for my needs :glasses7: hang my fishing gear in it and put curtains up for those over night fishing trips, I could have used it a couple days ago to pick up some lumber for my wife's shelving in here green house :hello2: Creed borrowed my Ramcharger to hall a compressor to a job site Saturday and he still has it full of air hose and locked up tool's.
Yep that should have been gone already JMO.

It is a nice wagon and I would love to have another one at some point, but am holding out for a 65 Valiant. I have a 64 Dart hardtop, like the one in the back-ground, that I have for sale. It just doesn't appear to be a good time to sell the early A bodies. There are some great prices on complete cars here, but their buyers just aren't out there.
Don't cut it up for scrap, they are too hard to find. Trade it to someone or offer to drive it to their location if you are way far away.

I've seen much worse. It would be a shame to cut it up.

Too bad you are so far away.

Early-a cars are just under valued. Wagons are at the top of that list, they are the rarest abody body style and the most unusual. I wouldn't mind having another wagon but my one year old and school comes first.

No Way do you cut that Dart wagon up!!! Way to nice for that... I once had a 64 Valiant wagon and it was no where near as nice as your Dart but its 225 /6 ran very well, and I had fun with it. Massive rust finally done her in! (I lived back East at that time in the rust belt)

everyone wants a wagon, till they have to buy it. Just be patient, look to sell it in some different places, craigs list, newspaper, auto parts store. if you cut it, you will be sorry. try some local mopar clubs.

My .02, blame the economy and your location (west coast). I've had parts for sale recently that in the past would sell within a few days. Nowadays I'm sitting on them for a few weeks and they are priced the same or bit less then before when they sold. Also you west coast guys are spoiled. That wagon on the east coast would sell fast and for more money. Just can't find older cars like that. And for an east coast guy to ship it back would cost some $$$ because gas/diesel isn't getting any cheaper.

everything seems to run in cycles, I. e. cattle MARKET, COLLECTOR CAR MARKET, REAL ESTATE MARKET, ETC!! I'VE SEEN THE mOPAR HOBBY SINCE IT STARTED IN MID EIGHTIES, MY ADVICE IS TO HOLD OUT FOR FAIR PRICE IF YOU CAN, OR BETTER HELD JUST HAND ON THE IT, ITS tooOOO COOL ANYWAY!!

The last car I sold was a factory 383 Barracuda that was completely done didn't need anything and I sold it for what I had in parts. It looks like a nice car hold out for a fair price. or if you want to send it east I would be happy to list it for you craigslist and you can make the deal with the buyers. The east coast doesn't have anything like it to much salt and rust to let them live that long. I got my 65 Dart Wagon out of CA and it still had rusted floors and the tail gate was rusted at the bottom. One last point there is a butt for every seat and a seat for every butt. Good Luck

yep, just too far. it would cost almost that much to have it shipped to this neck of the woods

so a decent California car wouldn't be worth $3000 if it was just down the street?

Very sad that the value of the early a cars is in parts. No one person seems to want to pay for a good car and I see parts have about come down to 1/2 of the value in the last year. I love the early ones but would not invest in one at this time unless I was cutting it up for parts to get my money back.

How much ae you currently asking for it and does it run? I have a friend that lives in southern cali that has been looking for a good dart since I bought his. My friend is in riverside cf which if I remember right is about an hour and a half to two hours away from you.

Keep trying...change up the ad, get the car as clean as possible, throw on some seat covers, get rid of the remains of the dash pad. Curb appeal. You can even try raising your asking price a bit, sometimes that works!

For Sale signs on the car might work too.

How much ae you currently asking for it and does it run? I have a friend that lives in southern cali that has been looking for a good dart since I bought his. My friend is in riverside cf which if I remember right is about an hour and a half to two hours away from you.
I've just lowered it to $1500. that's less than I have in it, I really can't go any lower. it really should be worth that and more.
Riverside is around 2 to 2.5 hours away. with some minor things like oil and filter and a little cleaning out it should make it that far. I only really worry about the tires, they have decent tread but are old.

I've just lowered it to $1500. that's less than I have in it, I really can't go any lower. it really should be worth that and more.
Riverside is around 2 to 2.5 hours away. with some minor things like oil and filter and a little cleaning out it should make it that far. I only really worry about the tires, they have decent tread but are old.
for $1500 I`ll take it, how are we going to get together, I`m in Tulsa,ok.,
can`t come after it. hope this helps------------bob:thumblef:

for $1500 I`ll take it, how are we going to get together, I`m in Tulsa,ok.,
can`t come after it. hope this helps------------bob:thumblef:
it needs to sell now, from there I don't care when you want to come get it, it can stay here for a while. it runs, and I would trust it for a close journey but wouldn't recommend driving it half way across the continent until you've gone through it more thoroughly. it's a project.
please try to make your decision soon, because I had just come on here to announce that parts are going on ebay tomorrow. I'm going to part it out if no one wants it! push is finally coming to shove and one way or another I need it to go!

If it were a 65, I'd take it. If you're gonna part it out, I'd be really interested in the roof rack and the complete power window set-up.

sent from my iPhone

-
Back